- a type of freshwater shellfish indigenous to Australia.
How and when machine obtained:
- Arrived at UCC around June or July 1996 thanks to Malcolm Evans.
History prior to arrival at UCC:
- This machine was previously operated by the University of Western Australia's Centre for Water Research.
UCC history of machine:
- Machine was semi-operational and was tweaked back into existence in mid-August 1997. It's never been terribly happy, though.
Current machine tasks:
- No current tasks assigned.
Current software configuration:
- Currently running no OS as the hard drive has died. Was running NetBSD, and might be running SunOS, depending which way the wind is blowing.
Current hardware configuration:
- Sun 3/60
- 20Mb RAM
Future plans for machine:
- With its semi-spectacular 16" monitor, it is intended to use Marron as an X terminal via Xkernel or similar.
- Sun supply nice monitors with their workstations :)
- [MAL] for discovering/donating Marron.
- [WAZ] for chasing [MAL] down and transporting it to the ucc.
- [AHC] for early *BSD frobnostication.