[C19: from Old French, of obscure origin]
- a very light brown, sometimes with a yellowish tinge, similar to the colour of undyed wool.
- a fabric made of undyed or unbleached wool.
How and when machine obtained:
History prior to arrival at UCC:
UCC history of machine:
Current machine tasks:
Current software configuration:
Current hardware configuration:
- 68040 chip running at 25MHz
- 5600 DSP chip running at 20MHz
- 20Mb RAM
- 2.88Mb floppy drive
- 1Gb internal hard drive
- 1Gb external hard drive
- External double speed [?] CD-ROM drive
- 400dpi laser printer
- Megapixel monitor
- Built-in 8-bit microphone and 16-bit speakers
- NeXT keyboard
- NeXT mouse
Future plans for machine:
- This machine will probably be used mainly for learning about the NeXT development environment, and disk space for our greatly expanding plethora of data we keep on hand.
- This machine is called beige because it is black. It was a choice between magenta (because it starts with M) and beige -- the final decision was determined by the toss of a coin.