UCC Meeting on 11th August 2020

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2020-08-11


  • [MPT]
  • [HET]
  • [AAA]
  • [MVP]
  • [PQZ]
  • [TEC]


  • [MLG]
  • [BRD]

Meeting opened 19:44

Confirmation of minutes from previous meeting

  • Lol
  • Pending release will confirm next week

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Has been sick for a week
  • Not COVID sick...
  • Apologies for not doing anything
  • Has had to prioritise
  • Encourages people to take time out if they need

Vice President's Report

  • CSSC and CSC has responded to discussions about Quiz Night
  • On the joint Tech Clubs Discord re: subcommittee formation
  • Word is: wanting to have a quiz night this Semester
  • Some things to work out with collaboration
  • Uni stuff need to do things

Secretary's Report

  • Mondays at 8pm based on the whenisgood
  • We have to submit info statements ASAP for 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
  • Also need to hold a SGM with proposed changes to the constitution to ensure a few things
  • One of these being a specific clause for dealing with payments to mgmt committee
  • Chance of second wave happening in WA: Not zero...
  • Need to do the spg for the vendy machine (was submitted Aug 14)
  • Is really busy, really does need help

Treasurer's Report

  • Sent apologies (laser tag)

Fresher Rep's Report

  • Sent apologies

OCM Reports


  • Read some legislation
  • A time hole exists Jan - Feb 2018 minutes..skips to March in 2018
  • Need to find the SPG minute from that time...
  • Found our UCC account for the Associated Incorporations Act


  • Stuff happened
  • Not a real thing to contribute at this point
  • Would like to have a talk about some things
  • At a time...


  • UCC related: Got the relay4lyf anime thing
  • Posting the thing in #committee as a quote
  • See quote / RSVP on Facebook here: https://facebook.com/events/657570758170235
  • Sign up for our team at: fundraising.cancer.org.au and search for events in Crawley

Machine Technical Reports

  • Nothing new to report this week...
  • Network changes ongoing





New equipment

Drinks and Snacks

  • Vendy machine still full of things

External Entities


  • Not checked


  • Workshop tomorrow
  • Missed Club Carnival

Other Affairs

  • Government reports
  • The ball has been dropped...
  • Special General Meeting to happen later this year
  • Lack of continuity between committees
  • Loss of knowledge between committees...
  • [HET]: Handover policy should be in constitution
  • [MPT]: Need a step-by-step guide for committee positions
  • Update of wiki/handover meeting
  • Seek out and gather documentation on the running of the club...
  • Action: To actually look at the documents tomorrow

Five minute adjournment 20:20 - 20:28


Tech Talk

  • Will happen this sem, MPT to push back


  • Waiting on things

Tech Talk Quiz Night

  • Might happen this semester
  • Some responses from other Tech clubs

CH Quiz Night

  • Subcommittee members not here

Action Items from previous meeting

  • See Current Action Items

General Business

  • Project night back 12-10 Mondays
  • Webcams: We need a new one
  • MVP: One of the things we should go: use Eggman
  • Need a hey we're back in the clubroom event
  • Eggman Pi Time
  • HET wants to help with Eggman
  • Let's utilise EGGMAN MORE
  • E G G M A A N
  • Events: Second Wave Risk
  • Square reversals refund revokes payment
  • Camp be fine

Meeting closed 20:50

Current Action Items

[Committee] / [MLG]

  • Information statement
  • Think of an event we can run


  • Will take charge of compliance related things
  • Info statements, constitution, Charity statement


  • Following up on the webcam


  • Charity Statement Due Aug 31
  • Help with financial things for Info Statement
  • Vending Machine SPG?


  • Empty vending machine


  • Vending machine details
  • A bit of details needed
  • (SPG for vending machine submitted)

Minutes uploaded by [PQZ] at 14:29 on 2020-08-17