UCC Meeting on 28th July 2020
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2020-07-28
Confirmation of minutes from 2020-07-21
- Yeah, they look good.
- Good stuff
- - Jarcus, 2020
Meeting Opened 19:46
[BRD] Arrives 19:47
- My Report: Immediately cuts out
- Sets up Hotspot on phone
- Thanks for putting up with Spam Emails
- Especially [TEC], but he also hasn't done the thing
- Clubroom all set to go!
- Done a lot of work
- Non-Students: still not allowed on campus
- We'll take it as it comes
- We can probs still explore options (EMPs)
- Another set of changes relating to ssh access.
- More Phone Calls to come
- Remarkably few things have broken but a few things have broken
- Only 1 person showed in person.
- Details covered via email.
- Main Thing: door members need to get COVID Certs (AHA Course)
- Needed before they can hold the room.
- Have bought cleanliness things for the club
- Uncharity is fully sorted
- We have a 3x3 gazebo
- In the Machine Room
- That should be everything
That should be everything for the meeting...
Vice President's Report
- Has spoken to some people
- Done action items
- "Maybe I should help James with the odd thing..?"
- Regarding Tec Clubs Quiz night: other clubs are quiet
- UCC being open is cool and nice
- Hoping for Stage 5 and guild changing their rules
- Will people even be at uni?
- Cleaned some stuff
- Been busy
- It hasn't even been a week but it's been a week
- Physics assignment came early
- 10 Mathematics lectures also?
- Sent apologies but might turn up, unsure
- Didn't show up
- Donated ISBN 0-306-45621-4
- Life on other planets. I. Title: After Contact.
- Donated ISBN 0-9586917-7-0
- Applicable Mathematics. I. Lee, O.T. (Oon Teik)
- Sent apologies
- Can't do Tuesdays
Fresher Rep's Report
- Clubroom open again, hooray
- Will try and attend tomorrow
- Shame can get non students in
- There is ONE FRESHER who is a non-student (so its relevant)
- Still waiting on confirmation for Quiz night
- Not Done much
- Waiting on Relay 4 Life
- Been partnered with the same dude again, as with all other 3rd yr units
- Things exist
- Time off was good
Machine Technical Reports
- Backup Server appeared to have just died
- Latest is apparent Disc Problem
- Probs need an SSD For replacement
- Up the timetable on replacing it
- Wheel Meeting this weekend
- Network things happening
- UWA is UWA
- See [MPT]'s report
- Some problems with power up yesterday
- Some Members were struggling
- [MPT]: poke [DIE] about this
- [MVP]: Dead Webcam
- We are out of excuses not to get that fixed
- [MPT] doesn't want to be the only one doing things
- There should be webcams in the box
- If someone wants to check on that...
- [AAA] Volunteers
- [MPT]: Cleaning Supplies
- Has receipts, will be delivered to committee promptly
- Spirits, Turps and Something Else I missed
- Lge bottle of Iso-propyl Alcohol
- Hand Sanitizer
- Surface Wipes
- Total: $151.53
- Does take us over budget,
- Bought largest volumes, as it will be used and is necessary
Motion: To Approve purchase additional cleaning supplies above the budget
- [MPT] Raised
- [AAA] Seconded
- No Objections
- Passes 5-0-0
Drinks and Snacks
- Coke machine still needs emptying
- No milk crates were around
- Not Checked
- Club Carnival is Tues 04/08 10am-2pm
- Need Ppl to Man the stall
- Will need help setting up, packing up
- Who will be free?
- Guild is requiring Campus Card Holders for Cameron Hall
Tenancy Allocation Process
- Been over a week since they said it could resume
- No Updates
- Should we ask?
- Suggested that we can ask for updates to take back to the committee/club?
- Confirmed Tax Statement of UnCharity Donation
- Just need to chase up minor operational costs
- (MPT: This Was a good event and happy with how it ran)
[MPT]'s chooses Tech Talk titles
- Coming Up
- Topics Set
- Will be Online
- Not sure if presenting in the clubroom
- Next Step is Advertising
- Workshops can be in person
- Would be limited though
- Wanted to talk more on LAN
- We are good to bring a server box -> Main PC to host games.
- Not A question of feasibility anymore
- Could Run Minecraft, Screen Cheat, Enemy Territory, Artermis
- Will probs need a little more to iron out
- ...To be Continued
- [MPT] experiencing 30% Packet loss
- Press F to Pay Respects
- Need to hear back from other clubs
- Have provided information
- Some poking is in order
Rest of Committee realizes it lost quorum
Committee proceeeds to spam F in Chat
Meeting Closed due to loss of quorum: 20:38
We were not able to discuss:
- Meeting times?
Action Items from 2020-07-21
- Committee members who were briefed:
- Get clubroom ready and watch [MPT]'s door briefing
- If you are door, please get the AHA cert!
- Website update needed; please review homepage and make suggestions in committee-chat and/or edit if confident
Club Carnival Shifts
- Sign up for club carnival shifts (Tue Aug 4)
- Sign up link is: https://signup.com/go/PhvHdLu
- Non-committee members welcome to sign up
- If you want to attend but don't want to use sign up, please message committee or email [email protected]
- Will need people at stall and door members in clubroom
- Everyone ended up being busy
Free Guild Workshop Sign Up
- Sign up for club workshop: https://www.uwastudentguild.com/clubs/workshops
- Max is five people, please post in committee-chat if you want to join
- [PQZ] attended
Committee who have RSVP'd:
LAN games for camp
- Report back on things to run during camp (what LAN games!)
- Decide on the replacement HDD for motsugo and who to purchase...
- The Westpac Card
- Running door meeting Thur 2020-07-23
- Add committee members to door as per 2020-03-24 minutes
- Contact Paul and arrange a meeting to talk about non-ucc websites hosted at UCC
- Send all the emails or convince [TEC] to (tenancy stuff, [email protected], [email protected])
- Flesh out tech talks
- Work out Failtoban things
- Purchase more hand sanitiser for UCC opening with clubroom card
- CH halloween 2019?
- Network changes to be described/added to a page on wiki.ucc.asn.au
- Do last Tech Talk!
- Help [MPT] with the things
- Put the talks on UTub
- Follow up on First Aid email...
- Still waiting...
- Account renewals
- Social media/Media Release/UWA CompSci recommended clubs
- Post [MPT]'s Tech Talks online
- Get rdy for memberships!
- Update socials once [email protected] email from pres is out
- Poke [TEC] about UCC YouTube UpLoads
- Plaintext the minutes page and add wheel meeting minute links
- Confirm Charity Vigil Tax Invoice/Receipt from Zonta House
- File loose receipts from 2017/2018/2019 (all in one blue folder) in appropriate spots
- Charity Statement Aug 31
- Draft SP grant for Backup Server and Coke Machine? (with help)
- Give us the DOOM report
[BRD] + [HET]
- Sign up for Club Carnival?
- To email minutes from Quizmittee meeting to [email protected]
- Prepare a rant
- Come into UCC once back from your holiday! :)
Minutes uploaded by [PQZ] at 15:36 on 2020-08-17