UCC Meeting on 6th October 2021

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-10-06

  • Last committee minutes uploaded to the website.

Attendance

  • [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
  • [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
  • [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
  • [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
  • [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
  • [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [LIZ] Elizabeth Thatcher
  • Daniel Ledvosky
  • Gary O'Donavon

Apologies

Absent

  • [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member

Start Time

  • 13.41

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Thesis due in a fortnight!
  • looking forward to having more time in a few weeks.

Vice President's Report

  • Have found new and interesting ways to be busy.
    • C code written by physicists... do I need to say more?
  • Once again, have only done a small amount of UCC things this week.
  • Reckon we should do a chill out/study night over the next couple of weeks.

Secretary's Report

  • Accidently deleted last meetings minutes, but managed to get them back.
  • Have posted all of the minutes missing to the website and discord.
  • Attended Relay For Life and nearly died from exhaustion.
  • The UCC couch isn't comfy to sleep on.
  • Wore my oodie in Cam Hall.
  • "Damnit, quorum just walked out the door!" Sorry [MPT].
  • Can someone please change the vigenda script format and when it deletes itself!
  • I tried to go back cause I missed copying something over and the info was already deleted.
  • Had an interesting discussion in Unigames that basically nearly ever secretary looks like they're about to snap or have already snapped.
  • I've already snapped.

Treasurer's Report

Fresher Rep's Report

OCM Reports

Machine Technical Report

Servers

Network

Desktops

Miscellaneous

Action Items From Previous Meeting

[TEC]

  • Talk to Guild about server solutions.
  • Progressing (Ongoing).
  • Still nothing from Kelvin and Lauren.
  • Ongoing.
  • Poke James to poke people for action items.
  • Poking attempted, results unsatisfactory. Will repeat.
  • Ongoing.
  • Make a big discord post with all of the updates.
  • Done.

[MPT]

  • Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
  • Not done.
  • Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
  • Not done.
  • Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
  • Ongoing.
  • Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
  • Ongoing.
  • Ask Kelvin and Lauren about what's going on.
  • Ongoing.

[APA]

  • Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
  • Ongoing.

[HET]

  • Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
  • Ongoing.
    • [BLU] will repeatedly ping [HET] and he will not respond.

[EGG]

  • Check which headphones are working
  • Ongoing.

[BLU]

  • Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
  • Ongoing.
  • Email tech list about tec talks.
  • Ongoing.

[OKC]

  • Order it at 10am.
  • Ongoing.

[LMH]

  • Look into where we can get a vertical banner.
  • Ongoing.

New equipment

  • New server: machops
    • Thanks to everyone who helped set it up on Monday.
    • Need to make sure the bank transfer is in progress.

Drinks and Snacks

External Entities

Mail

  • Checked before meeting open (but after scheduled start time) by [BLU].
  • No mail.

Guild/SOC

  • ACTION [MPT] To: Ask Kelvin and Lauren about what's going on.

Tenancy

  • Tenancy inspection and meeting tomorrow.
  • [BLU] will go.

Other Affairs

Events

Tech Talks

Cameron Hall-o-Ween

  • We definitely have the booking.
  • Tav has changed managers so, everything is happening slowly.

Relay For Life

  • Went well.
  • Around 10-15 from UWAnime and UCC showed up.
  • All together we ran 556 laps and raised over $1000
  • [BLU] contemplated ways on how to make the team with the rubber chicken who kept squeezing it at 3 in the morning how to shut up.

Camp

  • No new developments.

Tech Clubs Quiz Night

  • Need to make sure the booking is submitted this week.

General Business

End Time

  • 13.54