UCC Meeting on 29th September 2021

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-09-29

  • Last committee minutes uploaded to the website.

Attendance

  • [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
  • [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
  • [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
  • [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
  • [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [LIZ] Elizabeth Thatcher
  • Daniel Ledovsky
  • Gary O'Donovan

Apologies

  • [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
  • [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member

Absent

Start Time

  • 13.27

Committee Reports

President's Report

Vice President's Report

  • I did account locking, finally!
    • Prompted a few more people to properly rejoin for 2021.
    • Need to document what I did.
    • Have discovered various workflow improvements for portal.
      • Aiming to implement some of them in free time before 2022.
  • Did various other things, have placed them into the rest of the agenda.

Secretary's Report

  • Nothing of note has happened.

Treasurer's Report

Fresher Rep's Report

  • Laid in bed all week due to a cold :(

OCM Reports

Machine Technical Report

Servers

Network

Desktops

Miscellaneous

Action Items From Previous Meeting

[TEC]

  • Talk to Guild about server solutions.
  • Progressing (Ongoing).
  • Still nothing from Kevin and Lauren.
  • Ongoing.
  • Poke James to poke people for action items.
  • Poking attempted, results unsatisfactory. Will repeat.
  • Ongoing.
  • Make a big discord post with all of the updates.
  • Ongoing.

[MPT]

  • Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
  • Not done.
  • Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
  • Not done.
  • Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
  • Ongoing.
  • Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
  • Ongoing.
  • Send an email changing the next bust bee from the 2nd to the 9th of October.
  • Done.

[APA]

  • Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
  • Ongoing.

[HET]

  • Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
  • Ongoing.

[EGG]

  • Check which headphones are working
  • Ongoing.

[BLU]

  • Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
  • Ongoing.
  • Email tech list about tec talks.
  • Ongoing.

[OKC]

  • Order it at 10am.
  • Ongoing.

[LMH]

  • Look into where we can get a vertical banner.
  • Ongoing.

New equipment

Drinks and Snacks

External Entities

Mail

  • Not checked.

Guild/SOC

  • SOC meeting last week.
    • Minutes are out.
    • Guild are proposing new SOC regulations (to be passed by council).
      • Some major and minor concerns with them as circulated.
        • Need to reach out and discuss with Elanor and/or Tony.
        • Permission required for non-student memberships(!)
        • What would they require to give that permission?
        • Requirement for separate insurance for Inc. Associations.
        • Is this truly necessary, and if so what support are they
          providing affected clubs?

Tenancy

  • Test and tag was done yesterday.

    • Need to confirm how many things were tagged.
  • Have moved October busy bee back one week because of Relay for Life

    • [MPT] sent email to door.
  • Upcoming room inspection and meeting next week Thursday.

    • Need to make sure room is presentable.
    • Who on committee wants to go?

Other Affairs

Events

Tech Talks

Cameron Hall-o-Ween

Relay For Life

  • Is this weekend.
  • Should advertise that.

Camp

  • Nothing new has happened.
  • Still need to send announcements via all channels.
  • And explain ticket sales to all door members.
  • Meeting this Friday.

Tech Clubs Quiz Night

  • Need to ratify proposed date and agree to split of booking cost.

    • Full budget not yet prepared, but need paid booking to proceed.
    • That is, of course, unless we don't want to do it.
  • Date changed to 16 November due to Leisure end of semester party on Friday.

  • [TEC] Moves To: Approve the new date and splitting the Tav hiring cost.

  • [MPT] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

General Business

  • Discussion of server purchase:
  • We have already been considering purchasing a new machine.
  • Consensus that machine seems to meet our goals and represents very good value.
  • [MPT]: We can't go wrong with more, good value-for-money storage.
    • We should take the lot.
  • Next steps: to reach out to Michael and arrange payment and invoice.
  • [TEC] Moves To: Budget $1650 to buy the EPYC server parts as described in New Equipment.
  • [MPT] seconds.
  • Unanimous.
  • Need to follow up with [NTU] and Michael.

  • Committee deferred discussion of a confidential matter until a later date
    (but no later than next Wednesday).

End Time

  • 13.55