UCC Meeting on 22nd September 2021

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-09-22

  • Last committee minutes uploaded to the website?

Attendance

  • [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
  • [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
  • [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
  • [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
  • [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [LCY] Chien Yi Lo
  • [LIZ] Elizabeth Thatcher
  • [NTU] Nick Bannon
  • Daniel Ledvosky
  • Edward Mark
  • Julia White

Apologies

  • [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative

Absent

  • [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member

Start Time

    1. 27

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Send a big email out to UniIT.
  • Everything else will be mentioned in items later.

Vice President's Report

  • Was sick on Friday & over the weekend.
    • Thanks for [TEC] and others for picking up the slack and sorting out the email to Uni IT.
  • Have made some progress on my UCC-related tasks though.
  • Prepared the full list for account locking and helped a few people renew their memberships.
    • Do account locking after the meeting?
  • Answered some emails.

Secretary's Report

  • Have started putting in the minutes for the events we've been a part if this year in docs 2021.
  • Have started using the terminal app to do stuff.
  • Writing my report on my phone on the bus sucks. Why did I think this was a good idea?

Treasurer's Report

  • Finances Report
  • Term Deposit Account: $44,819.25
  • Main Westpac Account: $883.59
  • Credit Card Account: $17.59

  • Reimbursed a bunch of people, emptied safe, basic treasurer things.

  • Put in offline purchases from when dispense was down.

Fresher Rep's Report

OCM Reports

Machine Technical Report

Servers

  • New disk installed in Motsugo to replace failing disk.

Network

Desktops

Miscellaneous

Action Items From Previous Meeting

[TEC]

  • Talk to Guild about server solutions.
  • Progressing (Ongoing).
  • Still nothing from Kevin and Lauren.
  • Ongoing.
  • Poke James to poke people for action items.
  • Poking attempted, results unsatisfactory. Will repeat.
  • Ongoing.
  • Make a big discord post with all of the updates.
  • Ongoing.

[MPT]

  • Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
  • Not done.
  • Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
  • Not done.
  • Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
  • Ongoing.
  • Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
  • Ongoing.
  • Send an email changing the next bust bee from the 2nd to the 9th of October.
  • Ongoing.

[APA]

  • Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
  • Ongoing.

[HET]

  • Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
  • Ongoing.

  • [BLU] will message [HET] every day until he's done it.

  • Everyone ping [HET].

[EGG]

  • Buy drawers for cables budgeted last week.
  • Done.
  • Check the headphones.
  • Ongoing.

[BLU]

  • Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
  • Ongoing.
  • Email tech list about tec talks.
  • Ongoing.

[OKC]

  • Order it at 10am.
  • Ongoing.

[LMH]

  • Look into where we can get a vertical banner.
  • Ongoing.

New equipment

  • Buy new headphones. Current ones either don't work or turn you into a leopard with the deteriorating covers.
  • Should test which ones are working and not falling apart.

  • ACTION [EGG] To: Check the headphones.

Drinks and Snacks

  • There was a food run last week.
  • The vending machine has been filled up.
  • Need to get coke.

External Entities

Mail

  • [MPT] checked the mail on Tuesday, there was none.

Guild, SOC

  • SOC meeting this evening.
  • Next busy bee is on Thursday the 7th of October.

Uni IT

  • [TEC] sent them the info.
  • They will get back to us in 2 weeks on Thursday the 7th of October at 2.30.

Other affairs

Events

VR Night

  • Good turnout - 4 non-members, ~6 others.
  • Need more secure way to secure base stations.
  • Need way to have a monitor upstairs (could run HDMI monitor up, but they are locked mostly).
  • Need speakers upstairs.

Quiz Night

  • Had the last wrap up meeting.
  • The handover sheet is being written up.
  • Insert financial document.
  • We made a profit of $154.68.
  • [BLU] Moves to: Accept the financial distribution of profits.
  • [TEC] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

Cameron Hall-o-Ween

  • Will be held on Thursday the 21st of October at the Tav.
  • The week before study week.
  • Need to finish EMP.

Camp

  • The advertising is out.
  • We can sell tickets.
  • Still need to have the written permission that we can have an event there, signed.
  • We have sold one ticket so far.

Tech Club Quiz Night

  • Proposal from others to hold at the end of exams.
    • Will proceed with booking if we agree.
  • [MPT] Moves that: We accept the proposal that the Tech Club Quiz Night be held shortly after exams.
  • [Tec] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

Tech Talks

  • Email needs to be sent.

General Business

  • We need more staples.
  • [BLU] Moves To: Budget $10 for staples.

    • [MPT] seconds.
    • Unanimous.
  • [NTU]: Fundraising and/or purchase of machops EPYC server

  • [MPT] has done account locking.

  • Confirm we have a stand before budgeting for a vertical banner quote.

  • [BOB] has put forth a suggestion of a new couch for $30 in Bindari

  • If it's microfiber and in better condition than our couches we should get it.
  • [TEC] moves to: Budget $30 on the couch if it seems better than our couches.
    • [HET] seconds.
    • Unanimous.

End Time

  • 13.59