UCC Meeting on 22nd September 2021
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-09-22
- Last committee minutes uploaded to the website?
- [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
- [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
- [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
- [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
- [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
- [LCY] Chien Yi Lo
- [LIZ] Elizabeth Thatcher
- [NTU] Nick Bannon
- Daniel Ledvosky
- Edward Mark
- Julia White
- [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
- [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
- [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
- Send a big email out to UniIT.
- Everything else will be mentioned in items later.
Vice President's Report
- Was sick on Friday & over the weekend.
- Thanks for [TEC] and others for picking up the slack and sorting out the email to Uni IT.
- Have made some progress on my UCC-related tasks though.
- Prepared the full list for account locking and helped a few people renew their memberships.
- Do account locking after the meeting?
- Answered some emails.
- Have started putting in the minutes for the events we've been a part if this year in docs 2021.
- Have started using the terminal app to do stuff.
- Writing my report on my phone on the bus sucks. Why did I think this was a good idea?
- Finances Report
- Term Deposit Account: $44,819.25
- Main Westpac Account: $883.59
Credit Card Account: $17.59
Reimbursed a bunch of people, emptied safe, basic treasurer things.
- Put in offline purchases from when dispense was down.
Fresher Rep's Report
Machine Technical Report
- New disk installed in Motsugo to replace failing disk.
Action Items From Previous Meeting
- Talk to Guild about server solutions.
- Progressing (Ongoing).
- Still nothing from Kevin and Lauren.
- Poke James to poke people for action items.
- Poking attempted, results unsatisfactory. Will repeat.
- Make a big discord post with all of the updates.
- Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
- Not done.
- Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
- Not done.
- Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
- Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
- Send an email changing the next bust bee from the 2nd to the 9th of October.
- Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
- Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
[BLU] will message [HET] every day until he's done it.
- Everyone ping [HET].
- Buy drawers for cables budgeted last week.
- Check the headphones.
- Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
- Email tech list about tec talks.
- Order it at 10am.
- Look into where we can get a vertical banner.
- Buy new headphones. Current ones either don't work or turn you into a leopard with the deteriorating covers.
Should test which ones are working and not falling apart.
ACTION [EGG] To: Check the headphones.
Drinks and Snacks
- There was a food run last week.
- The vending machine has been filled up.
- Need to get coke.
- [MPT] checked the mail on Tuesday, there was none.
- SOC meeting this evening.
- Next busy bee is on Thursday the 7th of October.
- [TEC] sent them the info.
- They will get back to us in 2 weeks on Thursday the 7th of October at 2.30.
- Good turnout - 4 non-members, ~6 others.
- Need more secure way to secure base stations.
- Need way to have a monitor upstairs (could run HDMI monitor up, but they are locked mostly).
- Need speakers upstairs.
- Had the last wrap up meeting.
- The handover sheet is being written up.
- Insert financial document.
- We made a profit of $154.68.
- [BLU] Moves to: Accept the financial distribution of profits.
- [TEC] seconds.
- Will be held on Thursday the 21st of October at the Tav.
- The week before study week.
- Need to finish EMP.
- The advertising is out.
- We can sell tickets.
- Still need to have the written permission that we can have an event there, signed.
- We have sold one ticket so far.
Tech Club Quiz Night
- Proposal from others to hold at the end of exams.
- Will proceed with booking if we agree.
- [MPT] Moves that: We accept the proposal that the Tech Club Quiz Night be held shortly after exams.
- [Tec] seconds.
- Email needs to be sent.
- We need more staples.
[BLU] Moves To: Budget $10 for staples.
- [MPT] seconds.
[NTU]: Fundraising and/or purchase of machops EPYC server
[MPT] has done account locking.
Confirm we have a stand before budgeting for a vertical banner quote.
[BOB] has put forth a suggestion of a new couch for $30 in Bindari
- If it's microfiber and in better condition than our couches we should get it.
- [TEC] moves to: Budget $30 on the couch if it seems better than our couches.
- [HET] seconds.