UCC Meeting on 15th September 2021
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-09-15
- Last committee minutes uploaded to the website?
- [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
- [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
- [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
- [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
- [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
- [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
- [LCY] Chien Yi Lo
- [BRD] Cormac Sharkey
- [LIZ] Elizabeth Thatcher
- Lara Frcej
- Julia White
- [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
- [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
- Nothing that won't be explicitly brought up later.
Vice President's Report
- I've started to borrow the android plushy for the day before I go home.
- Have purchased my camp ticket.
- Current Balances:
- Old Term Deposit Account: $44,819.25
- General Westpac Account: $1,108.97
- Westpac Card Account: $17.59
Guild Account: $5,186.12
Keeps forgetting the paste function isn't Ctrl + v on vigenda...
- Will deal with the dispense log on the whiteboard today.
Fresher Rep's Report
- Mid-sem study wooo :')
- I have one simple task yet have still failed to achieve it.
- I should be back in person come next week.
Machine Technical Reports
- Parts for Felix?
Action Items from previous meeting
- Talk to Guild about server solutions.
- Progressing (Ongoing).
- Still nothing from Kevin and Lauren.
- Poke James to poke people for action items.
- Poking attempted, results unsatisfactory. Will repeat.
- Give the Discord file to [EGG]
- Make a big discord post with all of the updates.
- Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
- Not done.
- Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
- Not done.
- Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
- Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
- Send an email changing the next bust bee from the 2nd to the 9th of October.
- Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
- Make and print out a poster on A3, saying we have a controller and VR.
- Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
- Buy drawers for cables budgeted last week.
- Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
- Email tech list about tec talks.
- Look into hiring professional cleaners for the couches.
- Order it at 10am.
- Look into where we can get a vertical banner.
- Nick donated a scanner.
- [TEC] Moves to: Accept the scanner.
- [APA] seconds.
ACTION [EGG] To: Buy drawers for cables budgeted last week.
Drinks and Snacks
- Someone please get crunchies again.
- Have run out of diet coke.
Should go on a snack run soon.
[MPT] arrives 13.33
- [BLU] hasn't checked the mail.
- Tenancy Inspection.
- Is postponed due to conflicting schedules.
- Want the document posted in the minutes last week by this Thursday.
VR Event 2
- EMP approved.
- Will put announcement up today and Monday (If not, poke [EGG]).
- Not much else to say... it's happening.
Cam Hall Quiz Night
- Will have the wrap up meeting this Saturday.
Tech Clubs Quiz Night
- No meetings.
Joint Camp 2021
- Post budget here.
- Can start selling tickets.
- Need to instruct door on how to sell them.
[LIZ] made a dispense option to buy camp tickets.
ACTION [BLU] To: Send an email about what to do to buy a camp ticket.
- Will there be any interest if we talk about Github open source development?
Relay For Life
- Try to get members to show up.
- Have decided to hold it on Sunday the 14th of November at a licenced venue.
- Still researching as the proposed bar, 77 bar has closed.
- Thinking about changing the date if we go to the Tav.
- Post minutes.
- Will have our second meeting on Thursday.
- Do we have any Halloween decorations in storage?
- There's shared Halloween decorations in the hallway.
- Busy Bee Door members
- Failure to respond to consecutive reminder emails.
- Should ask them on discord why they didn't respond.
If they don't give a sufficient answer, we will kick them off door.
OGM at the end of semester
- To talk about what to do with the $40k sitting around.
Does [LMH] have any ideas?
Ask Vanguard about options they have for a non for profit organisation.
[LIZ] has replaced the printer ink.
[OKC] got a quote of $180 to clean the couches on Saturday the 9th of October.
ACTION [OKC] to: Organise the couch cleaning at 10am.
[MPT] brought his upholstery cleaner on Monday.
It was tedious and loud.
Christmas has had a black screen when playing multiple games.
- Might be something to do with the X-Box controller and Windows.
- Does it need a stress test?
- [LIZ] will look into it more.