UCC Meeting on 15th September 2021

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-09-15

  • Last committee minutes uploaded to the website?

Attendance

  • [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
  • [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
  • [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
  • [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
  • [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [LCY] Chien Yi Lo
  • [BRD] Cormac Sharkey
  • [LIZ] Elizabeth Thatcher
  • Lara Frcej
  • Julia White

Apologies

  • [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
  • [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member

Absent

Start Time

    1. 26

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Nothing that won't be explicitly brought up later.

Vice President's Report

Secretary's Report

  • I've started to borrow the android plushy for the day before I go home.
  • Have purchased my camp ticket.

Treasurer's Report

  • Current Balances:
  • Old Term Deposit Account: $44,819.25
  • General Westpac Account: $1,108.97
  • Westpac Card Account: $17.59
  • Guild Account: $5,186.12

  • Keeps forgetting the paste function isn't Ctrl + v on vigenda...

  • Will deal with the dispense log on the whiteboard today.

Fresher Rep's Report

  • Mid-sem study wooo :')

OCM Reports

  • [HET]
  • I have one simple task yet have still failed to achieve it.
  • I should be back in person come next week.

Machine Technical Reports

Servers

Network

Desktops

Misc.

  • Parts for Felix?

Action Items from previous meeting

[TEC]

  • Talk to Guild about server solutions.
  • Progressing (Ongoing).
  • Still nothing from Kevin and Lauren.
  • Ongoing.
  • Poke James to poke people for action items.
  • Poking attempted, results unsatisfactory. Will repeat.
  • Ongoing.
  • Give the Discord file to [EGG]
  • Done.
  • Make a big discord post with all of the updates.
  • Ongoing.

[MPT]

  • Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
  • Not done.
  • Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
  • Not done.
  • Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
  • Ongoing.
  • Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
  • Ongoing.
  • Send an email changing the next bust bee from the 2nd to the 9th of October.
  • Ongoing.

[APA]

  • Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
  • Ongoing.
  • Make and print out a poster on A3, saying we have a controller and VR.
  • Done.

[HET]

  • Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
  • Ongoing.

[EGG]

  • Buy drawers for cables budgeted last week.
  • Ongoing.

[BLU]

  • Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
  • Ongoing.
  • Email tech list about tec talks.
  • Ongoing.

[OKC]

  • Look into hiring professional cleaners for the couches.
  • Done.
  • Order it at 10am.
  • Ongoing.

[LMH]

  • Look into where we can get a vertical banner.
  • Ongoing.

New equipment

  • Nick donated a scanner.
  • [TEC] Moves to: Accept the scanner.
  • [APA] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

  • ACTION [EGG] To: Buy drawers for cables budgeted last week.

Drinks and Snacks

  • Someone please get crunchies again.
  • Have run out of diet coke.
  • Should go on a snack run soon.

  • [MPT] arrives 13.33

External Entities

Mail

  • [BLU] hasn't checked the mail.

Guild/SOC

  • Tenancy Inspection.
  • Is postponed due to conflicting schedules.

Other Affairs

Uni IT

  • Want the document posted in the minutes last week by this Thursday.

Events

VR Event 2

  • EMP approved.
  • Will put announcement up today and Monday (If not, poke [EGG]).
  • Not much else to say... it's happening.

Cam Hall Quiz Night

  • Will have the wrap up meeting this Saturday.

Tech Clubs Quiz Night

  • No meetings.

Joint Camp 2021

  • Post budget here.
  • Can start selling tickets.
  • Need to instruct door on how to sell them.
  • [LIZ] made a dispense option to buy camp tickets.

  • ACTION [BLU] To: Send an email about what to do to buy a camp ticket.

Tech Talks

  • Will there be any interest if we talk about Github open source development?

Relay For Life

  • Try to get members to show up.

Cameron Hall-o-Ween

  • Have decided to hold it on Sunday the 14th of November at a licenced venue.
  • Still researching as the proposed bar, 77 bar has closed.
  • Thinking about changing the date if we go to the Tav.
  • Post minutes.
  • Will have our second meeting on Thursday.
  • Do we have any Halloween decorations in storage?
  • There's shared Halloween decorations in the hallway.

General Business

  • Busy Bee Door members
  • Failure to respond to consecutive reminder emails.
  • Should ask them on discord why they didn't respond.
  • If they don't give a sufficient answer, we will kick them off door.

  • OGM at the end of semester

  • To talk about what to do with the $40k sitting around.
  • Does [LMH] have any ideas?

  • Ask Vanguard about options they have for a non for profit organisation.

  • [LIZ] has replaced the printer ink.

  • [OKC] got a quote of $180 to clean the couches on Saturday the 9th of October.

  • ACTION [OKC] to: Organise the couch cleaning at 10am.

  • [MPT] brought his upholstery cleaner on Monday.

  • It was tedious and loud.

  • Christmas has had a black screen when playing multiple games.

  • Might be something to do with the X-Box controller and Windows.
  • Does it need a stress test?
  • [LIZ] will look into it more.

Meeting Ended

  • 13.53