UCC Meeting on 8th September 2021

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-09-08

  • Last committee minutes haven't been uploaded to the website.

Attendance

  • [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
  • [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
  • [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
  • [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [LIZ] Elizabeth Thatcher
  • [LCY] Chien-Yi Lo
  • Julia White

Apologies

  • [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
  • [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member

Absent

  • [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President

Start Time

  • 13.21

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Quiz night happened last week, it was fun :) Thanks to everybody involved
    in making it happen.
  • Still haven't heard anything from Kelvin or Lauren, will send a follow-up
    email this week.
  • Meeting happened with UniIT, with James [MPT] leading the UCC discussion.
  • Went well overall I think, more on that later.

Vice President's Report

Secretary's Report

  • Approved on some reimbursements.
  • Need to finish editing the previous minutes.

Treasurer's Report

  • Current Balances:
  • Old Term Deposit Account: $44,819.25
  • General Westpac Account: $1,095.09 (~$250 in safe ready for deposit when UWA westpac is open)
  • Westpac Card Account: $17.59
  • Guild Account: $5,186.12

Fresher Rep's Report

  • Bought xbox controller & cable :)
  • @[LMH] pls my money :')
  • Done, thanks :)
  • Investigated drawer options for all of UCC cables.

OCM Reports

Machine Technical Report

Servers

Network

Desktops

Miscellaneous

Action Items From Previous Meeting

[TEC]

  • Talk to Guild about server solutions.
  • Progressing (Ongoing).
  • Still nothing from Kevin and Lauren
  • Poke James to poke people for action items.
  • Poking attempted, results unsatisfactory. Will repeat.
  • Ongoing.
  • Give the Discord file to [EGG]
  • Done.
  • Make a big discord post with all of the updates.
  • Ongoing.

[MPT]

  • Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
  • Not done.
  • Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
  • Not done.
  • Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
  • Ongoing.
  • Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
  • Ongoing.
  • Send an email changing the next bust bee from the 2nd to the 9th of October.
  • Ongoing.

[APA]

  • Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
  • Ongoing.
  • Make and print out a poster on A3, saying we have a controller and VR.
  • Ongoing.

[HET]

  • Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
  • Ongoing.

[EGG]

  • Print new discord invites.
  • Done.
  • Buy another x-box controller with the budgeted money.
  • Done.

[BLU]

  • Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
  • Ongoing.
  • Email tech list about tec talks.
  • Ongoing.

[OKC]

  • Look into hiring professional cleaners for the couches.
  • Ongoing.

[LMH]

  • Look into where we can get a vertical banner.
  • Ongoing.

New equipment

  • Should we get drawers to store all our cables?
  • Current cable area bit small for most drawers.
  • [EGG] Motions to: Budget $30 to buy a cable drawer.
  • [TEC] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

Drinks and Snacks

  • Was the coke machine refilled?
  • Need to refill the diet coke.

External Entities

Mail

  • [BLU] hasn't checked the mail.

Guild, SOC

Unit IT Meeting

  • They want a document outlining:
  • A description of the student experience / user story we're looking to provide/enable
  • The technical capabilities that we see as necessary for UCC's services
  • An overview of the structure and systems in place that UCC has to protect our servers and users (monitoring, network topology, access control)

Other affairs

Events

Busy Bee

  • Everything was cleaned pretty fast.

VR Event 2

  • [EGG] still needs to do the EMP.
  • Need to do Posters.
  • Will be on the 20th.

Cam Hall Quiz Night

Tech Clubs Quiz Night

  • Nothing's happened since last meeting.

Joint Camp 2021

  • Nothing's happened since last meeting.
  • Will have a meeting this Friday.

Tech Talks

Relay For Life

  • Need to advertise it.
  • Venue has changed from Oak Lawn to Riley Oval.

Cameron Hall-o-Ween

  • [BLU] and [EGG] are the UCC reps.

General Business

  • [LMH] needs to follow up on people who hasn't paid for their food and drink yet, when the machine was down.
  • Send a photo of it on Discord and ping the people who haven't paid yet.

  • Cormac has expressed interest in being on wheel.

  • [TEC] Moves To: Appoint [BRD] to Wheel and strongly recommend him to attend a wheel meeting.
  • [APA] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

  • [LIZ] and [BRD] will lock the accounts of expired members.

  • ACTION [TEC] To: Make a big discord post with all of the updates.

  • Cameron Halloween

  • Evening event with a bunch of games Halloween themed.
  • [BLU] volunteers to be a sub com rep and drags [EGG] into it.
  • [TEC] Moves To: Appoint [BLU] and [EGG] to be the subcommittee representatives.
  • [APA] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

Meeting Ended

  • 13.56