UCC Meeting on 1st September 2021
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-09-01
- Last committee minutes haven't been uploaded to the website.
- [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
- [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
- [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
- [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
- [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
- [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
- [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
- [LIZ] Elizabeth Thatcher
- [BRD] Cormac Sharkey
- [LCY] Chien-Yi Lo
- Lara Freej
- Julia White
- Gary O’Donovan
- [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
- Network discussions continue.
- Haven't heard anything further from Kelvin or Lauren yet.
Vice President's Report
- Chased down an opportunity for UCC to take on an old HPC node from Physics.
- Didn't eventuate unfortunately, will document discussion to [email protected]
- Attending meeting with Uni IT on Thursday, wish me luck.
- Fixed Merlo, we now have dispense back!
- Will send email to [email protected] updating everyone.
- Reminded everyone about the upcoming busy bee.
- Need to work out what we want to achieve this month.
- Several people have left drinks/food around the room.
- Need to remind people of general cleanliness.
- Used the terminal app for the first time.
- Wrote down who attended the last Bust Bee, apologies and absences.
- Went on strike until everyone arrived.
- Current Balances:
- Old Term Deposit Account: $44,819.25
- General Westpac Account: $1,081.49 ($1,728.39 last meeting, will empty safe this Friday)
- Westpac Card Account: $29.53
Fresher Rep's Report
- Midway through EMP for Virtual Reality Event.
- Skated around.
Machine Technical Report
- Merlo PSU/fan broke? Dispense was down for a few days.
- [MPT] fixed it.
- Replaced external PSU and internal fan.
- Wheel responded to Karen from IT.
- Have addressed the (lack of) NTP vulnerability.
- Ports will remain unfirewalled.
Meeting tomorrow at 2.30 with Warric and management team.
[EGG] and [MPT] both swapped chairs.
Action Items From Previous Meeting
- Talk to Guild about server solutions.
- Progressing (Ongoing).
- Poke James to poke people for action items.
- Poking attempted, results unsatisfactory. Will repeat.
- Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
- Not done.
- Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
- Not done.
- Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
- Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
- Send an email changing the next bust bee from the 2nd to the 9th of October.
- Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
- Make and print out a poster on A3, saying we have a controller and VR.
[APA] takes on [EGG]'s poster action item.
- Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
- Print new discord invites.
- Buy another x-box controller with the budgeted money.
- Advertise the Cam Hall Quiz Night.
- Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
- Email tech list about tec talks.
- Look into hiring professional cleaners for the couches.
- Look into where we can get a vertical banner.
- Talked more with [FVP] about a replacement?
- [MPT] has done so, clarified that that particular model is not important.
- Just the general functionality, and more than 2 channels.
Drinks and Snacks
- The drink machine has been refilled.
- The snack machine is looking a bit empty.
- A reminder to please check which slot the drink is meant to go in when filling the coke machine as there was a mixup.
- List of dispensed items written on board while Merlo was down. Money needs to be removed from their accounts.
- [BLU] hasn't checked the mail.
- Busy Bee this Saturday
[MPT] sent a reminder to door.
SOC Meeting (2021-08-18)
- [MPT] attended.
- Nothing important happened.
- Tenancy was grumpy for people not keeping their spaces clean.
Unity Tech Talk
- Was more of a tutorial.
- Unity is installed on most of the computers.
- Messed around and started building a 2D game.
- 5-8 people were there.
Should change the tec talk to tec tutorials.
[MPT] was ging to do Git, but PCS did Git at the same time.
- Should change talk times.
- Should do a Git talk after the semester break.
- Contact unit co-ords.
- Work out other talks we can do.
VR Event 2
- Monday week 6 4pm? 20th September.
- May be too short notice.
- Paid $5 pizzas ordered?
- People pay for what they order.
Cam Hall Quiz Night
- The questions are done.
- Just need to finish the powerpoint.
[BLU] posted a reminder about the Quiz Night on the discord.
The UCC committre table isn't working.
- Might join Goz's table.
Tech Clubs Quiz Night
- Have heard back from Tavern manager about costs and availability.
- Next meeting with the subcommittee will address preferred date.
- Will most likely be after exams.
- [MPT] thinks just after exams. Make sure it doesn't clash.
Joint Camp 2021
- EMP meeting 1 was successful, no longer has to be redacted.
- Got some poster designs and will advertise soon.
- Will need to brief committees on how to sell tickets.
- [MPT] was going to do a Git tech talk in week 6, but PCS did one at the exact same time.
- Multiple Git talks isn't a bad thing, but will reschedule to post study break.
We should send out a call for more tech talks.
ACTION [BLU] To: Email tech list about tec talks.
Need to make sure people have paid for their dispense stuff. Liam can debit everyone's accounts and follow up anyone who goes into debit.
Create a digital receipt database.
- Currently hard to look through the treasurer draws or photos from people's phones when needed.
- [MPT] has a document feed scanner that might be helpful for this that can be borrowed.
- PDFs in committee folder. Have a monthly and the file names.
- Can scan the receipt with Microsoft lens.
Receipts should go into the filing cabinet.
ACTION [EGG] TO: Buy another x-box controller with the budgeted money.
General reminder to throw away food and drink rubbish in the bin or sink.
[MPT] Moves To: Budget $30 for cleaning supplies for busy bee
- [EGG] seconds.
Will pay couch people by card for the 9th of October.
- Due to Relay for Life being on the weekend before the Tenancy inspection.
Do a quick clean right before the inspection.
ACTION [MPT] TO: Send an email changing the next bust bee from the 2nd to the 9th of October.
[LMH]'s quote? Why $90?
[TEC] Moves To: Budget $90 to get a vertical banner.
- [MPT] seconds.
Having a mid semester GM is a good idea.