UCC Meeting on 6th July 2021
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-07-06
- Last meeting minutes uploaded to the website.
- [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
- [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
- [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
- [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
- [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
- [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
- [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
- [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
- Urgh, more covid restrictions :(
- Looking forward to back to no-mask meetings in clubroom.
- Tenancy busy bee and consultation happened.
- UCC's room got a clean bill of cleanliness.
- Consultation meeting was exceptionally uneventful.
Vice President's Report
- Went to subcom meeting, reported below.
- On a personal note, things are finally moving with my studies again.
- Responded to emails from UniIT Cybersecurity about our SSH setup.
- Have been responding and consulting with wheel.
- Showed Kelvin (Guild staff (IT & some facilities stuff)) and Lauren (Guild OH&S) around when they came to inspect the machine room.
- See info below in Guild section.
- Haven't been around the clubroom much, so I don't have a lot to report on. (You guys don't get to hear about my funny antics in the clubroom :( )
- Didn't go to the busy bee cause of health reasons, also I wouldn't have been of much help anyway.
- Haven't been keeping on top of posting the minutes :(
- Thankyou [EGG] for posting them in my stead.
- Am thinking that because we can't find the secretary keys, we should just commission new ones.
- Will need help with writing up questions for the UCC round for the quiz night.
- [MPT] still hasn't given me the Annual Meeting Minutes.
Nearly forgot to add full stops in my report.
Started playing Minecraft on the server a while ago and had a scare in the clubroom.
- Someone thought I had been murdered. (Whoops)
- Had 4 of my pets drowned while in my care. (How does that even happen?!)
- Started a UCC cult with [EGG].
- You guys are really missing out if you don't play Minecraft ;)
- Have died 30 something times.
- I'm deader than a ghost.
Fresher Rep's Report
- University Cleaning Club time!
- Rebuilt a shelf with [MPT]. Had to move the froggy whiteboard :( Perhaps it will be restored some day...
- Cleaned up the machine room with [MPT]. We can walk in there again!
- Went to 21-06-03 busy bee. Moved a lot of the boxes under the desks onto the shelves. At last our knees can stop being destroyed.
Uploaded past 3 meeting minutes o.o
Played a lot of Minecraft on the UCC server.
- Started a cult, fought Egg Zombie invasion, built a town with [BLU], [APA] [MDD] & others.
- Server is doing fantastic apart from the TPS issues. Thanks [TEC] & Andrew.
- Forgot about my ONE TASK due to the pandemic so I will be transferring my knowledge to someone else.
- I also assisted in building the shelf, why do we have uneven numbers of nuts and bolts?
Machine Technical Report
- Nothing new.
- Talk to Guild about server solutions.
- Get [BLU] and [APA] to write up report for [REDACTED].
- Reply to GhostCcamm about penetration test.
- Show people how to be door after the renewals close.
- Done after Busy Bee. Follow up session may occur.
- Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
- Find the secretary keys for [BLU].
- Follow up with [BLU] and [LMH] with ACNC Annual Information Statement.
- [BLU] and [MPT] Complete 2020 AIS with financial info from [LMH].
- Respond to last email about SSH.
- Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
- Give [BLU] the Annual Meeting minutes.
- Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
- Send [MPT] info about Australian server cooling companies.
- Get a list of all the 1st and 2nd year com-sci units and email unit co-ords of tech talk ideas and to advertise UCC in lectures.
Drinks and Snacks
- [BLU] hasn't checked it in weeks.
- Tenancy busy bee and consultation.
- Busy bee happened Saturday 3rd July 10am - 1pm.
- Everything was good.
Exactly 7 people showed up to the busy bee.
- Shelves got stacked, nothing on roof, empty corridor, room neat, under desk stuff taken out.
- Clean up was a success.
- Now have a monthly busybee date.
- Will pick a weekend before the busybee date and clean up the clubroom.
- Can train new door members and have a refresher course there as well.
- If door can't RSVP to the proposed date, consequences will occur.
Cameron Hall Quiz Night
Corin from UniSFA was elected as chair and Gwen from Unigames as secretary.
- Alistair (UCC)
- Amber (Unigames)
- Corin (UniSFA)
- Grace (UCC)
- Gwen (Unigames)
- Chase (UniSFA)
(Don't know if I need to add everyone who's on the committee, but eh).
- We plan to have the quiz night in the Tav.
- Was going to have it on the 20th of August, but that date is already booked. Alternate dates are 19/8, 26/8 or 27/8. Tav hasn't gotten back yet concerning those dates.
- Do I add estimated guess of finance?
- $50 budgeted for prizes. What sort of prizes are we thinking?
- Cheap Arduino's.
- Hardware in the club, that's not in use.
- There'll also be a wooden spoon prize. Need to think of one.
- Old, not useful hardware.
- There'll be 10 rounds, 10 questions with club rounds, sport, general knowledge/what's your major and a music round. If PCS is involved they might do a puzzle table round.
- Will probably have side minigames that people can do whenever.
- Haven't thought of a theme yet.
- Still need to do EMP.
- Not sure if PCS and UWASCA will be involved.
We agree that clubs wanting to be involved in the Cameron Hall Quiz Night, shouldn't be added last minute. There should be an actual process and a standard should be set to involve other clubs, before sub-committee is elected.
[BLU] will need help for making the UCC questions.
- Get hands on questions from previous years for UCC.
Tech Club Quiz Night
- DSC, CFC, PCS and CSSC want to hold a quiz night together.
- Thinking of following Cameron Hall plan for quiz nights.
- Will most likely be held in the mid semester break of semester 2.
- Will form a subcommittee of 2 people and approve Cameron Hall sub-committee regulations.
[EGG] and [MPT] volunteer to be the sub-committee reps.
[TEC] Motions to: Approve sub-regulations.
- [BLU] seconds.
4 for, 2 abstains.
Get sub-committee this week and work on putting people in touch and get things going.
- No meeting last week.
- Venue minimum of 30 guests.
- Final booking to be confirmed 7 days before.
- Total venue cap of 95 guests.
- Pending issues resolved.
- EMP in, waiting progress.
- Need to think about advertising.
- Nothing's happening.
- James still wants to do his part 3 talk.
- Need to contact people for other ones.
- Immediate Tech talk ideas finalised before end of next week and contact potential people by then.
Aim for advertising finalised 2 weeks before semester.
ACTION: [BLU] to Contact com-si 1st and 2nd year unit co-ords to ask for ideas to cover in Tech talks and advertise UCC at the start of a lecture.
Minecraft Speedrun Tournament
- Social event for Minecraft gamers to try their hand at beating the game as fast as possible.
- The competition is to be first to beat Minecraft.
- Will run on the 7th of August from 4-9pm at home or in UCC.
- Teams must register on the day and can consist of up to 3 members.
$20 prize for winning team.
Minecraft event poster is done.
- Need to make EMP and server. Event 2 or 1 weeks into semester.
- Probably take 3 hours.
- Prizes? Might be a good idea.
- Budget $20 for prizes.
- [APA] Motions to: Budget $20 for prizes.
- [TEC] seconds.
- 4 for, 2 abstains.
- Commission new secretary keys?
- Will wait, because we don't know where the other keys are.
- Annual Meeting minutes.
- ACTION: [MPT] to give [BLU] the minutes.
- Door Application: Alice Rosario
- [TEC] Moves to: Appoint Alice Rosario to become a door member.
- [EGG] seconds.
5 in favour, 1 abstain.
All the plushies except for the lama have been cleaned.
Clubroom needs a fresh coat of paint, clean couches and desk.
- Clean our couches instead of getting new ones? We're thinking of getting them professionally cleaned. Not sure.
- Budgeted $250 to get couches professionally cleaned last meeting.
Would like to see fresh coat of paint on the walls, clean couches and desks.
James arrives 4.57.