UCC Meeting on 16th June 2021
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-06-16
- Last minutes not uploaded yet.
- [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
- [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
- [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
- [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
- [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
- [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
- [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
- [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
- Yay! Holidays!
- Been yoinked away to rotto at short notice
- Talks with guild about server room possibilities in progress
- Someone is coming by on Thursday to assess the structure from a safety perspective
- Hope to hear more from ethical hackers
- Would like to call an OGM, but would be good to hear back from guild
- Have setup a Pterodactyl instance on Loveday
- Was a massive PITA, but it's done (thanks [MTL] for the help)
- Can host all sorts of games servers very nicely
- Have been contacted by Andrew from UWAnime about it being potentially nice to have
a long-running UCC-hosted Minecraft server (unofficial). This is currently being set up.
- Sad I'm not getting to see you all :( next time...
Vice President's Report
- Busy marking assignments
- Watered the Lettuce
- Helped [DBA] fix the motherboard
- Attended camp sub-committee meetings
- It's been a while so I can't remeber what I've done.
- Attended and missed some sub-committee meetings.
- Restocked the vending machines once or twice.
- Semester Grant is in (with a whopping 10 minutes to spare)!
- Refilled snacks once or twice, not much left until recent snack run
- Emptied the safe again
- ...Yeah mostly grant stuff + exams honestly.
Fresher Rep's Report
- Dealt with discord bot invasion.
- Deleted all invites & made a new one.
- Didn't do much else due to exams (also accidentally deleted my report note)
- Spent birthday in the clubroom. Nerd.
- Struggled to navigate through the machine room multiple times.
- Participated in multiple vending machine restock production lines. It was very efficient.
- Planted a lettuce plant. I called it lett-ucc. It's mouldy.
- Minecraft event organisation.
- Looked into server cooling, have not phoned to get a quote yet.
Machine Technical Report
- Nothing blew up. That we know of...
- UWA IT emailed wheel about every port being open on our server.
- We have every port open to allow people who have port 22 blocked to access it still.
- Only 1 SSH server using every port.
- [DBA] apparently fixed the Mobo on Corvo
- Cerberus still busted.
- May be time to retire the computer running it. It has hardware from 2007.
- Can likely build a new PC from old parts from recent Build & Break.
- Screens are fine, the problem is with computer. Specifics unknown.
Action Items From Previous Meeting
- Talk to Guild about server solutions.
- Have met with Chloe, WIP
- Show people how to be door after the renewals close.
- Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
- Bully rest of committee until they give him their darkest secrets to pass on to the ACNC.
- Find the secretary keys for [BLU].
- [APA] to write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
- Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
- Wheel to help new committee get uccpass setup.
Drinks and Snacks
- [EGG] to go on food run with Alice.
- Will poll desired snacks/drinks on discord.
- Also get paper towels.
- [BLU] hasn't checked the mail in awhile.
- SOC meeting today.
- Last SOC meeting minutes came through. [MPT] attended.
- Reminded us about student leadership training.
- Grants coming up.
- Reminded us about what general meetings are. We are probably fine.
- Reminded us that constitutions exist and we need to follow them.
- No tenancy information.
- Submission of new committee members on time.
- Need to submit annual information statement of 2020 including details on member numbers, statistical info and financial info (which should be prepared).
- Action [MPT] to deal with annual information statement.
- Prompt for someone to explain what it is
- UCC needs to appoint two people to the subcommittee,
and approve subcommittee regulations
- It's nice if one person has done this before, but it's not a hard requirement
- Appointees should join the Quiz Night Organisation discord ASAP (today)
- Link is in #committee-confidential
- [MPT] moves to appoint [BLU] & [APA] to subcommittee. [HET] seconds.
- EMP done. Thanks Jackie & Cam. Needs to be approved.
- Need to discuss ticket pricing model & theme.
- $100 early bird ticket. $110 for later purchases.
- Discount if member of multiple clubs. May be too complex.
- [MPT] suggests early-bird model.
- Theme: Pyramid "3-3-3". Themed quiz night round, not much else.
- Holiday tech talks probably won't be successful
- Got requests for IKEA shark plushy :)
- If a shark plushy is donated, we will take it. It will be loved in it's new home.
- We should wash existing plushies. The poor panda's gone grey.