UCC Meeting on 11th May 2021
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-05-11
- Last meeting minutes uploaded to the website.
- [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
- [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
- [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
- [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
- [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
- [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
- [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
- [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
- Emailed Chloe (Tenancy Pres) asking to chat about Machine Room options, yet to hear back
- On the topic of machine room options: *shakes fist at [HET]*
- Would be good to schedule GM for end of semester to set plans for any during-break-revamping
- Would be good to see more people expressing an interest in doing tech talks
- Think of it as a fun way to talk about something you like with a small audience :)
- Should there be Tech talks during semester break? I don't know, share your thoughts
Vice President's Report
- Was away for a couple of weeks, so haven't done much
- Forwarded on the notice of the Tenancy committee meeting to the rest of committee
- Somehow both my student and club emails are getting them, but no-one else in UCC is
- ACTION: [MPT] Ask Chloe to include [email protected] on the Tenancy mailing list
- Brought back the money box with the remaining Charity Vigil cash so it can be banked
- I think [LMH] did that?
- Passed on a job posting from Atif Mansoor from CSSE
- Posted to [email protected] and Discord, maybe should also throw something on the FB group?
- Interested in doing part 3 of my Linux tech talks (as per email) though not sure
whether to do it next week or after exams
- I found the seal in the secretary's cupboard. Turns out it didn't walk away ;)
- Why don't we have any post it notes? I can't remember what I needed some for, but I sure needed some then!
- Attended the Tenancy meeting myself. Leave it to the poor fresher who doesn't have a clue about what's going on :(
- I'm definitely not a weeb, cause I don't watch anime 24/7. Though I'm (something?) cause I don't know the difference between the Crab Rave and Neon Genesis something song.
- Had an.... interesting talk in the clubroom on Monday.
- Participated in coming up with terrible book blurbs with [EGG], [LHM] and [LIZ]
- Was baffled when PCS came in on Monday and took over the clubroom. Is this going to happen frequently?
- Got someone to talk to wheel about maybe performing a penetration test on the website.
- Brought new whiteboard markers and eraser. Donating the whiteboard marker holder. Will send the details to [LHM] to be reimbursed.
- Had some issues with a new registration, but it got sorted out.
- Goz showed me how to connect to IRC and tmux.
- Emptied safe again. Westpac is open Mon-Fri finally!
- Got the email back about adobe licences, they are very expensive.
- Sorted out various payments for club members.
Fresher Rep's Report
- Did a food run with Alice. Sacrificed some brain cells as she closed the boot on my head!
- Also bought paper towels. Now we can protect ourselves from [BLU]'s spilled milk.
- Got Com Sci/Data Sci/Software Eng discord to follow UCC events channel.
- Added a League and Genshin emote on the discord. Need [TEC] to update the reaction role message.
- Held a discord poll to find the best day for a General Meeting. It was Wednesday.
- Completed multiple "Which x are you" quizzes. I am a mouse, c++ and php apparently.
- Forcefully attended a PCS talk that happened in UCC spontaneously.
- Caught [BLU] committing voter fraud. We should imprison her with the frog.
- Started collecting kombucha bottles like infinity stones. Just you wait...
- Looked at some providers for server cooling but have yet to get a quote on how much it would cost due to assignment work will attempt to do during this week when I get the assignments done.
Machine Technical Report
- The Portal security certificate was down last week. Has been fixed by [MTL]
- Apparently since the CPU cooler replacement, you can hear a buzz/click on the Mic line on Christmas.
- [DBA] may have fixed the bugged capacitor on Corvo.
- Cerberus broke, got fixed and broke again. Now it won't turn on at all.
- 3D printer clogged.
Past Action Items
- Talk to Guild about machine room solutions.
- Help [EGG] remove old door members from the system.
- Show people how to be door after the renewals close.
- Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
- Bully rest of committee until they give him their darkest secrets to pass on to the ACNC.
- Find the secretary keys for [BLU].
- Look into cost of Adobe licenses.
- Look into extra copies of Guild keyrings for exec.
- Done. Guild disallows copies.
- Send an email to [email protected] for tech talk ideas.
- Get more whiteboard markers.
- Done. Time to draw more frogs :)
- Cerberus photo board.
- Ongoing. Cerberus is just straight up broken now.
- Make a poll on discord to find out what time suits most people for a general meeting to figure out what to do with the cash reserve money.
- Done. Result is Wednesday.
- Ask a Computer/Data Science & Software Eng server moderator to add UCC announcements to the server.
- [APA] to write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
- Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
- Wheel to help new committee get uccpass setup.
- [BLU] donated whiteboard marker holder.
- Committee accepts the donation.
Drinks and Snacks
- [BLU] and [LHM] filled up the snack and drink machine.
- [BLU] checked the mail.
- No mail. It's lonely here without Westpac hassling us...
- [BLU] attended the Tenancy meeting.
- Cameron Hall update - Guild is staying in consultation with clubs. Any more idea about renovations, email Chloe.
- Contracts - Club insurance contracts have been signed by Guild or UWA? executive team. Should recieve them soon.
- Keys - Ordering a key is now $33. Guild will cover the cost from February. You can't make copies of Guild keys like the door and cupboard ones.
- Campus Management - They will pay the full cost of functionality of clubrooms and damaged items not working. Either Campus Management or the Club will pay.
- Security - There was a recent break-in into a clubroom. Stuff left in your clubroom is at your own risk. Anything you lose above $2000, you could claim back.
- Maintenance and Cleaning - Still on same schedule as before. New fire and first aid equipment has been ordered.
- Lights in Cameron Hall should be working now. Not sure if that means the stairwell landing or loft lights.
- Jackie's sign got printed.
Chloe added @committee.
Key budget has been revoked.
- Someone from UWA Ethical Hackers offered to do a penetration test on our website.
- There was a bit of talk about it on discord about safety and privacy issues, but some wheel members and [TEC] think it would be a good idea.
- The person will talk more about it next week.
- Jarcus issues? 3?
- Jarcus would be interested in negotiation of terms.
- Jackie sent out a new when is good on discord.
- Still haven't had a meeting yet.
- [BLU] sent email to [email protected] asking for ideas.
- [BOB] suggested a remote UCC access talk. Wiki page/other written form may be more suitable for this.
- [MTL] has a canned talk on the Clifford Stoll book "The Cuckoo's Egg" that might be suitable for a tech talk.
- [MPT] would like to do his part 3 Linux talk maybe next week or after exams.
- [BHP] volunteer
- Send a message to PCS saying for them to ask us if they're doing something, we would be happy about it.
- Short Minecraft LAN proposed by Alistair. Virtual machine on a server, setup Minecraft. Need to plan a day.
- Regular game jam.