UCC Meeting on 27th April 2021
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-04-27
- Last meeting minutes uploaded to the website.
- [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
- [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
- [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
- [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
- [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
- [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
- [Liam] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
- [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
- Talked with [LMH] about invoices, we discovered some emails were going to his spam, should be better now.
- For some reason [BLU] and [EGG] came along to the SOCPAC meeting. I don't understand it, but I'm glad for the company.
- Chatted with Chloe (tenancy chair) briefly, amenable to us improving the clubroom (painting walls, replacing desks, etc.)
- Been thinking about the server room: I see 3 options, if we're going to give ourselves a chance to do something we should get moving.
- Gah, online uni again ... I'm getting flashbacks.
- Tech talks are postponed by one week because I like in-person interaction. Speaking into the void is much less fun.
Vice President's Report
- Figured out how to upload minutes to the website. Though I can only do it on a linux machine.
- Finally signed the WestPac form.
- Had three incidents of bad luck in one day. Though the last two weren't my fault.
- Realised I only go to Unigames for food.
- Found the best hot chocolate place on campus. Still meaning to try UniSFA's hot chocolate, that they apparently have?
- Became carrot buddies with [EGG]. Why do people find it weird that I don't peel my carrot at home?
- Paid Cameron Hall's Charity Vigil donations.
- Re-emptied the safe, though the money still needs to head down to Westpac (who are somehow only open on Mondays now?)
- Paid for some invoices that were overdue.
- Drank most of UCC's sugar-free lemonades (until we ran out of stock).
Fresher Rep's Report
- Turned the discord into a community server to allow announcement and info channels.
- This can be reverted if desired.
- Created a list of people to be removed from door, discord roles should be updated by the meeting.
- Got the UCC GitHub account to have access to the UCC github page thanks to [TEC] and other wheel members.
- Helped [BLU] upload minutes to the website. Pretty much just pressed buttons until it worked. If anything is broken, I blame [BLU] :)
- Discovered Westpacs opening times. I'm glad I'm not exec.
- Devoured UCC's sugar-free lemonade stock with [LMH] and Alice. Turns out they did go quickly.
- Struggled with an unnamed person's milk spill. Hopefully the room doesn't smell like my grandma's house after quarantine...
- Added full stops to my report to appease our secretary goddess [BLU]. Please don't smite me.
Machine Technical Report
- Airconditioning for servers isn't cheap.
- [TEC] chatted with [GOZ] about it, basically spend lots of money (around 10 grand), janky solution or uni politics.
- [TEC] will talk to Guild about it.
- And someone who does server cooling and get a quote. Maybe [LMH] or [NIC] could do that?
- Google which companies are Australia.
- Action: [NIC] to look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
- Action: [TEC] to talk to Guild about solutions.
- Nothing to report.
- Corvo motherboard capacitor was knocked lose.
- [DBA] thinks he can solder that back on, maybe next week if quarantine lifts.
- Water Access.
- Nobody trusts the loft water, other water is quite far.
- Could install a water cooler?
- Been mentioned in the past, issue with refilling.
- Don't need a water cooler at the moment.
- Get some disposable cups next cleaning supply run.
- Email moderator lists have been updated to the same password.
- The incident counter will reach at least 10 for the first time thanks to quarantine!
Action Items From Previous Meeting
- [EGG] to do cerberus photo board.
- Ongoing. Hesitant to implement a janky solution.
- [LMH] to look into cost of Adobe licenses.
- Would like to get a number price.
- Wheel to help new committee get uccpass setup.
- [MPT] to show people how to be door after the renewals close.
- Will organise a date.
- [MPT] to send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
- [APA] to write up what the pamphlet would look like.
- [MPT] - bully rest of committee until they give him their darkest secrets to pass on to the ACNC.
- [MPT] to help [BLU] figure out how to upload the minutes to the website.
- Done. ([BLU] figured it out with help from [EGG]).
- [MPT] to find the secretary keys for [BLU].
- [BLU] to sign the WestPac form.
- [EGG] to make a poll on discord to find out what time suits most people for a general meeting to figure out what to do with the cash reserve money.
- [MPT] and [LMH] to sort out the pledge form for Charity Vigil to donate.
Drinks and Snacks
- [EGG], [BLU] and [LMH] refilled the drink and snacks machine.
- Random was added. University Chaos Club
- Alice and [EGG] will go on a food run soon and get sugar free drinks.
- And Mountain Dew especially for [BLU].
- [BLU] checked the mail last Wednesday.
- There wasn't any mail.
- [TEC], [BLU] and [EGG] went to the SOCPAC meeting.
- Voted no for the Taylor Swift and Robotics club.
- They both got in.
- O-Day grant came through.
- Enviro grant could potentially be used for more environmentally cooling.
- Chloe is happy for us to improve the clubroom.
- It does look a bit drab :(
- Received the key for the cupboard.
- Should action someone to investigate obtaining extras for the exec keyrings.
- Action: [BLU] to take care of it.
- Around 10 people showed up.
- It was a success, though next time it would be great if more people came.
- Probably don't schedule it on a study break.
- And advertise earlier.
- [APA] was talking about doing another event after Fresher VR, maybe a Minecraft LAN?
Tech Talk - Linux 3
- Was cancelled.
- Might happen after the LaTeX talk.
Build and Break a PC
- Event ran well.
- Attendance wasn't high.
- Engagement was good.
- Saw new people.
- Upgraded two pc's and managed to break one. It was in the name after all 😋
Tech Talk - LaTeX
- Delayed to next week.
Moar Tech Talks?
- Someone talked about having a Unity tech talk.
- Ask people what subjects they want to have a talk about.
- Action: [BLU] to send an email to [email protected] for ideas for tech talks.
- Talk about Unity and VPN idea.
- One person resigned. Will that club have two representatives, or will they have another one fill in?
- Still haven't had any meeting yet.
- To remove:
- Discord roles have been updated by [EGG] apart from:
Action: [EGG] and [TEC] to help him, to remove the people above from the door role in the system.
- [BLU] Motions to: Budget $15 for new whiteboard markers.
- [TEC] seconds.
Action: [BLU] to get whiteboard markers so we can draw more frogs.
Frog drawing competition anyone?
Action: [EGG] to ask a Computer/Data Science & Software Eng server moderator to add UCC announcements to the server.