UCC Meeting on 09th April 2021

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-04-09

  • Confirmation of previous minutes.
  • Been uploaded to discord and emailed to committee.

Attendance

  • [MPT] James Arcus, Vice-President
  • [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
  • [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
  • [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
  • [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [HET] Nicholas Clemments, Ordinary Committee Member

Apologies

  • [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President

Absent

  • [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member

Meeting opens at 12.17

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Doing birthday things πŸ₯³
  • Hopefully have acquired a german-engineered item in the process.
  • You can't tell I'm doing Honours from my GitHub commit history πŸ˜…
  • What's with this short/unrelated report? See ## Guild, SOC, ## Build and Break a PC, ## Tech Talk - LaTeX, and ## Moar Tech Talks?..

Vice President's Report

  • Happy birthday [TEC].
  • Attended Charity Vigil, but avoided other meetings :D
  • Helped with a few things, see later in the minutes.

Secretary's Report

  • [MPT] cut down the disco ball [BRD] and I put up. How could he?
  • Made a minutes channel in discord, cause I don't know how to upload them to the website.
  • [MPT] still needs to send me the AGM minutes.
  • Sent an email reminding people to send in their door re-applications.
  • Sent a reminder in discord.
  • [BRD] pranked me good on April 1st. I'm still annoyed at him about that.
  • Was the only one to get [GOZ]'s door puzzle right.
  • [MVP] rubbed out the last days since and coke chug records on the whiteboard :(
  • Got my Github account tagged as a bot twice, but thankfully they fixed it.
  • Started playing words with friends in the clubroom and got demolished.
  • Realised I became a gamer because I was drinking Mountain Dew and eating Doritos, even though I was just studying.

Treasurer's Report

  • Paid [APA] back for his snack run.
  • Attended Charity Vigil, helped a little with VR set up. Turns out I'm real bad at BeatSaber.
  • Had a look at the Adobe packages. We need a UCC account for the website to get quotes though.

Fresher Rep's Report

  • Bought a nice $4 bowl from target that is now filled with old mints on the table. Now I'll stop tripping over the bag.
  • Compulsively ordered starbursts by colour and berated [BLU] and [MPT] for instantly taking all the pink ones.
  • Cleaned up under the tables, moved a few boxes around and put banner on top of machine room. Perhaps I'll stop bashing my knees on boxes now.
  • Ran an expired coke scull competition, muckguppy is inhuman with 12.15s. [BRD] tried and spilled it on himself.
  • Created an inventory of the snack/drink cupboard. Almost got crushed by some coke cans.
  • Fixed a command error on the door manual.
  • Bought my first drink, realised I have already spent $12 buying [BLU] drinks for various reasons. Help.

  • Purchased prizes for charity vigil.

  • Discovered where the mysterious door leads, and the fact that I am spatially challenged.
  • Discord
  • Posted a reminder for Fresher VR. [BRD] ignored it entirely, but he has birthday boy privileges, so I'll forgive him :)
  • Deleted fresher discord channel :(
  • Added a league channel which is actually active! We seem to be turning into the LOL Club.

OCM Reports

[APA]

  • Refunded 9 failed dispenses from spamming the broken Smiths slot at the vending machine.
  • Almost passed out during UniSFA's karaoke at 2AM.
  • Went to Woolies, casually filled two shopping trollies full of $230 worth snacks and drinks for the vending machine.
  • Made poster for Build & Break a PC and submitted it to Guild.
  • Played so much league. So much league...

Machine Technical Report

Servers

  • [MPT] and [MTL] are still unpicking services from mooneye for eventual decommissioning.
  • New Dells are connected but not yet in use.
  • Some website crashes, currently working though.

Network

  • Apparently, the network cable for Christmas was dying, and was replaced by [TBB] and another. ([MPT] forgot who.)

Desktops

  • [MPT] Chubsucker crashed, is intermittently failing to boot.
  • Unclear why, seems to be working perfectly when it does start.
  • More investigation required.
  • We are slowly reverting back to the University Computer (singular) Club.

Miscellaneous

  • Vending machine has different items in it now. The prices and items need to be changed.
  • Now [BLU] can be fuelled by Oreos instead of Mountain Dew.

Action Items From Previous Meeting

  • [EGG] to do cerberus photo board.
  • Ongoing. Hesitant to implement a janky solution.
  • [LMH] to look into cost of Adobe licenses.
  • Ongoing.
  • Wheel to help new committee get uccpass setup.
  • Ongoing.
  • [MPT] to show people how to be door after the renewals close.
  • Will organise a date.
  • [MPT] to send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
  • Ongoing.
  • [APA] to write up what the pamphlet would look like, finish next week.
  • Ongoing.
  • [BLU] to pick up the cupboard keys.
  • [MPT] did that instead.
  • [BLU] to check the mail.
  • [MPT] did that instead.
  • Action [MPT] to add [BLU] as an approver on the Westpac account.
  • Done.
  • ACTION: [MPT] - bully rest of committee until they give him their darkest secrets to pass on to the ACNC.
  • Ongoing.
  • Action [MPT] to help [BLU] figure out how to upload the minutes to the website.
  • Ongoing.
  • Action [LMH] to reimburse [NTU].
  • Done.

New equipment

Drinks and Snacks

  • [APA] went on a food run.
  • [APA], [MPT], [BLU], Alice and Eddie restocked the drink and snack vending machines.
  • There are only a few minties and wordies left from the expired food. Unofficially ACTION Eddie: To consume the wordies since no one else will.
  • [EGG] created an inventory of the cupboard, you can find it on the UCC google drive.
  • We now have one sugar free drink, Sugarfree Lemon Squash.
  • I'm looking at you [EGG]. We can now take all the money you own.

External Entities

Mail

  • [BLU] checked the mail.
  • There was no mail πŸ˜₯

Guild, SOC

  • [BLU] spoke with Elanor, the Guild emails should go to [email protected] now.

  • Secret SOC meeting.

  • From the 1st April 2021 all clubs must have 4 executives (minimum) with completed SLT qualifications before any club events can be organised.
  • Your club may continue to submit EMP’s and organise events without 4 executives who have completed SLT providing:
      1. You are working towards having 4 executives (or 3 Execs if your club constitution states this) complete the training as soon as possible/ within the year.
      1. Your event/s are study or academic in focus.
      1. The event is not deemed high risk.
  • High risk events including major events, events with alcohol, camps & pub crawls will require additional approval from the Guild.
  • As advance warning, if you are holding any high-risk events of this nature in conjunction with other clubs, namely co-advertising or jointly staging – ALL club Execs from each club mus$
  • Please note SLT is valid for 3 years.
  • Foreshore events won’t be approved at the moment even if you don’t have alcohol.

  • [TEC] The guild master-plan rolls on.

  • The lift feasibility study results are back, short version: can be done, quite expensive.
  • UWA isn't willing to fund this, so currently estimating a 5-10 year timeframe.
  • Over the next 2-3 years guild intends to consult with long-term tenants to help guide their plan.
  • A few small changes may happen in the short-term future, e.g. better fire exits and a CH deep-clean.
  • Minutes were made, will share when received.

Tenancy

  • We now have the key for the cupboard.
  • [MPT] we should investigate obtaining extras for the exec keyrings.
  • ACTION: [MPT] to find the secretary keys for [BLU].
  • That he somehow misplaced πŸ‘€πŸ˜‘πŸ˜Ά

Other affairs

Westpac

  • Signatories form completed.
  • Each new exec who hasn't already needs to visit Westpac to sign the relevant box on the form. [BLU] and [LMH]?
  • [LMH] has signed the form.
  • ACTION: [BLU] to sign the form. Make sure [TEC] isn't here so WestPac stays open.
  • Administrator additions/removals have been applied.
  • [BLU] has been added as admin. We should restrict her from spending all UCC funds on garlic bread.
  • [MPT]: Removed [MLG] and [PQZ] fully from the online banking, pending approval.

  • Term deposits: paid out same day, accounts now fully closed out.

  • We now have $44,817.41 in the Cash Reserve.
  • Need to organize a general meeting to determine path forward from here.
  • Don't make the meeting on a Thursday.
  • Consult with the club for a time that suits most people.
  • Action: [EGG] to make a poll on discord.

Events

Fresher VR

  • EMP was approved.
  • [BLU] can still run the event even though she hasn't completed her SLT yet.
  • Need to figure out what pizzas will be available and make a form.
  • Need to ask [MPT] if he can pick up the pizza, cause [BLU] and [EGG] are still kiddies who don't have their drivers licence.
  • Otherwise [BLU] and [EGG] will need to beg people in Cameron Hall to pick up the pizza for them.
  • Surely [BLU]'s puppy dog eyes will work 😭

Charity Vigil

  • Still waiting on $10 buy in from PCS to add to the funds.
  • UCC has the cash box with most all the other clubs' donations in it.
  • Fill out pledge form to donate (as Cameron Hall). Instructions are in #committee from Jackie.
  • Action: [MPT] and [LMH] to sort that out.
  • Feedback on event.
  • Thank you to [TBB], [LIZ] and [MVP] and a few others for setting up.

Tech Talk - Linux 3

  • Quick! Someone (πŸ‘€ James) make a FB event!
  • The date on the board was wrong, it was never meant to be this week.
  • [MPT] updated the board to show 13/04
  • ACTION: [MPT] make a Facebook event
  • [BLU] will literally cry if this one isn't recorded [MPT] 😜

Build and Break a PC

  • [TEC]: Now officially happening, 20th Apr from 5pm to 7pm.
  • EMP submitted, FB event made.
  • Thanks to [APA] for poster work πŸ‘, nice job.
  • Posters have been given to Guild on time too, should be seen around campus next week.
  • Start using Instagram to take PC internals photos?
  • Still have no parts for our PCs lined up so far 😒
  • There are a few parts shortages going on ATM, looks like we'll probably just do some partial upgrades and hopefully the situation will improve by next semester so we can run a follow-up event.
  • If you have any ideas, please reply to the [email protected] email.

Tech Talk - LaTeX

  • [TEC]: I'm going to do it.
  • Feels unusually qualified given I've been contracted in the past for LaTeX work.
  • Maybe a FB event will be made decently in advance for once.

Moar Tech Talks?

  • This is the end of the pre-scheduled line up. It would be good to work out more events over the next few weeks.
  • Ask for expressions of interest, we've had that BHP guy reach out too.

Redacted

  • Everyone is now in the discord.
  • Next up is figuring out when we can start meeting, that is progressing.

Other

Door

Door Re-applications

  • Due today. Someone needs to go through permissions. [EGG] could sort discord door roles.
  • Current Re-apps:
  • Alfred [TBB]
  • Cormac [BRD]
  • Cameron Locke [DIE]
  • John Hodge [TPG]
  • David Adams [DBA]
  • Winslade [MVP]
  • Nick Bannon [NTU]
  • Nicholas Clements [HET]
  • Alistair Langton [ALI]
  • Elizabeth Thatcher [LIZ]
  • Lo Chien-Yi [LCY]

  • Door members that do not need to reapply:

  • Alex [EGG]
  • Jason Tu [JTU]
  • Alistair Parkinson [APA]
  • Gary O'Donovan
  • Djimon Jayasundera
  • Timothy Chapman [TEC]
  • James Arcus [MPT]
  • Grace Fowler [BLU]
  • Liam Hammond [LMH]

  • [MPT] Motions: To remove everyone on door who hasn't re-applied.

  • [EGG] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

[APA] arrives 12.44

General Business

  • [MPT]: The graphics card purchase fell through because the pictures on the ad were incorrect.
  • [MPT] Motions: That we revoke the $600 budget for the time being.
  • [HET] seconds.
  • Unanimous.
  • [MPT] will deposit the cash back into Westpac when they open again.

Meeting closes at 12.46