UCC Meeting on 09th April 2021
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-04-09
- Confirmation of previous minutes.
- Been uploaded to discord and emailed to committee.
- [MPT] James Arcus, Vice-President
- [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
- [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
- [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
- [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
- [HET] Nicholas Clemments, Ordinary Committee Member
- [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
- [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member
Meeting opens at 12.17
- Doing birthday things 🥳
- Hopefully have acquired a german-engineered item in the process.
- You can't tell I'm doing Honours from my GitHub commit history 😅
- What's with this short/unrelated report? See
## Guild, SOC,
## Build and Break a PC,
## Tech Talk - LaTeX, and
## Moar Tech Talks?..
Vice President's Report
- Happy birthday [TEC].
- Attended Charity Vigil, but avoided other meetings :D
- Helped with a few things, see later in the minutes.
- [MPT] cut down the disco ball [BRD] and I put up. How could he?
- Made a minutes channel in discord, cause I don't know how to upload them to the website.
- [MPT] still needs to send me the AGM minutes.
- Sent an email reminding people to send in their door re-applications.
- Sent a reminder in discord.
- [BRD] pranked me good on April 1st. I'm still annoyed at him about that.
- Was the only one to get [GOZ]'s door puzzle right.
- [MVP] rubbed out the last days since and coke chug records on the whiteboard :(
- Got my Github account tagged as a bot twice, but thankfully they fixed it.
- Started playing words with friends in the clubroom and got demolished.
- Realised I became a gamer because I was drinking Mountain Dew and eating Doritos, even though I was just studying.
- Paid [APA] back for his snack run.
- Attended Charity Vigil, helped a little with VR set up. Turns out I'm real bad at BeatSaber.
- Had a look at the Adobe packages. We need a UCC account for the website to get quotes though.
Fresher Rep's Report
- Bought a nice $4 bowl from target that is now filled with old mints on the table. Now I'll stop tripping over the bag.
- Compulsively ordered starbursts by colour and berated [BLU] and [MPT] for instantly taking all the pink ones.
- Cleaned up under the tables, moved a few boxes around and put banner on top of machine room. Perhaps I'll stop bashing my knees on boxes now.
- Ran an expired coke scull competition, muckguppy is inhuman with 12.15s. [BRD] tried and spilled it on himself.
- Created an inventory of the snack/drink cupboard. Almost got crushed by some coke cans.
- Fixed a command error on the door manual.
Bought my first drink, realised I have already spent $12 buying [BLU] drinks for various reasons. Help.
Purchased prizes for charity vigil.
- Discovered where the mysterious door leads, and the fact that I am spatially challenged.
- Posted a reminder for Fresher VR. [BRD] ignored it entirely, but he has birthday boy privileges, so I'll forgive him :)
- Deleted fresher discord channel :(
- Added a league channel which is actually active! We seem to be turning into the LOL Club.
- Refunded 9 failed dispenses from spamming the broken Smiths slot at the vending machine.
- Almost passed out during UniSFA's karaoke at 2AM.
- Went to Woolies, casually filled two shopping trollies full of $230 worth snacks and drinks for the vending machine.
- Made poster for Build & Break a PC and submitted it to Guild.
- Played so much league. So much league...
Machine Technical Report
- [MPT] and [MTL] are still unpicking services from mooneye for eventual decommissioning.
- New Dells are connected but not yet in use.
- Some website crashes, currently working though.
- Apparently, the network cable for Christmas was dying, and was replaced by [TBB] and another. ([MPT] forgot who.)
- [MPT] Chubsucker crashed, is intermittently failing to boot.
- Unclear why, seems to be working perfectly when it does start.
- More investigation required.
- We are slowly reverting back to the University Computer (singular) Club.
- Vending machine has different items in it now. The prices and items need to be changed.
- Now [BLU] can be fuelled by Oreos instead of Mountain Dew.
Action Items From Previous Meeting
- [EGG] to do cerberus photo board.
- Ongoing. Hesitant to implement a janky solution.
- [LMH] to look into cost of Adobe licenses.
- Wheel to help new committee get uccpass setup.
- [MPT] to show people how to be door after the renewals close.
- Will organise a date.
- [MPT] to send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
- [APA] to write up what the pamphlet would look like, finish next week.
- [BLU] to pick up the cupboard keys.
- [MPT] did that instead.
- [BLU] to check the mail.
- [MPT] did that instead.
- Action [MPT] to add [BLU] as an approver on the Westpac account.
- ACTION: [MPT] - bully rest of committee until they give him their darkest secrets to pass on to the ACNC.
- Action [MPT] to help [BLU] figure out how to upload the minutes to the website.
- Action [LMH] to reimburse [NTU].
Drinks and Snacks
- [APA] went on a food run.
- [APA], [MPT], [BLU], Alice and Eddie restocked the drink and snack vending machines.
- There are only a few minties and wordies left from the expired food. Unofficially ACTION Eddie: To consume the wordies since no one else will.
- [EGG] created an inventory of the cupboard, you can find it on the UCC google drive.
- We now have one sugar free drink, Sugarfree Lemon Squash.
- I'm looking at you [EGG]. We can now take all the money you own.
- [BLU] checked the mail.
- There was no mail 😥
[BLU] spoke with Elanor, the Guild emails should go to [email protected] now.
Secret SOC meeting.
- From the 1st April 2021 all clubs must have 4 executives (minimum) with completed SLT qualifications before any club events can be organised.
- Your club may continue to submit EMP’s and organise events without 4 executives who have completed SLT providing:
- You are working towards having 4 executives (or 3 Execs if your club constitution states this) complete the training as soon as possible/ within the year.
- Your event/s are study or academic in focus.
- The event is not deemed high risk.
- High risk events including major events, events with alcohol, camps & pub crawls will require additional approval from the Guild.
- As advance warning, if you are holding any high-risk events of this nature in conjunction with other clubs, namely co-advertising or jointly staging – ALL club Execs from each club mus$
- Please note SLT is valid for 3 years.
Foreshore events won’t be approved at the moment even if you don’t have alcohol.
[TEC] The guild master-plan rolls on.
- The lift feasibility study results are back, short version: can be done, quite expensive.
- UWA isn't willing to fund this, so currently estimating a 5-10 year timeframe.
- Over the next 2-3 years guild intends to consult with long-term tenants to help guide their plan.
- A few small changes may happen in the short-term future, e.g. better fire exits and a CH deep-clean.
- Minutes were made, will share when received.
- We now have the key for the cupboard.
- [MPT] we should investigate obtaining extras for the exec keyrings.
- ACTION: [MPT] to find the secretary keys for [BLU].
- That he somehow misplaced 👀😑😶
- Signatories form completed.
- Each new exec who hasn't already needs to visit Westpac to sign the relevant box on the form. [BLU] and [LMH]?
- [LMH] has signed the form.
- ACTION: [BLU] to sign the form. Make sure [TEC] isn't here so WestPac stays open.
- Administrator additions/removals have been applied.
- [BLU] has been added as admin. We should restrict her from spending all UCC funds on garlic bread.
[MPT]: Removed [MLG] and [PQZ] fully from the online banking, pending approval.
Term deposits: paid out same day, accounts now fully closed out.
- We now have $44,817.41 in the Cash Reserve.
- Need to organize a general meeting to determine path forward from here.
- Don't make the meeting on a Thursday.
- Consult with the club for a time that suits most people.
- Action: [EGG] to make a poll on discord.
- EMP was approved.
- [BLU] can still run the event even though she hasn't completed her SLT yet.
- Need to figure out what pizzas will be available and make a form.
- Need to ask [MPT] if he can pick up the pizza, cause [BLU] and [EGG] are still kiddies who don't have their drivers licence.
- Otherwise [BLU] and [EGG] will need to beg people in Cameron Hall to pick up the pizza for them.
- Surely [BLU]'s puppy dog eyes will work 😭
- Still waiting on $10 buy in from PCS to add to the funds.
- UCC has the cash box with most all the other clubs' donations in it.
- Fill out pledge form to donate (as Cameron Hall). Instructions are in #committee from Jackie.
- Action: [MPT] and [LMH] to sort that out.
- Feedback on event.
- Thank you to [TBB], [LIZ] and [MVP] and a few others for setting up.
Tech Talk - Linux 3
- Quick! Someone (👀 James) make a FB event!
- The date on the board was wrong, it was never meant to be this week.
- [MPT] updated the board to show 13/04
- ACTION: [MPT] make a Facebook event
- [BLU] will literally cry if this one isn't recorded [MPT] 😜
Build and Break a PC
- [TEC]: Now officially happening, 20th Apr from 5pm to 7pm.
- EMP submitted, FB event made.
- Thanks to [APA] for poster work 👍, nice job.
- Posters have been given to Guild on time too, should be seen around campus next week.
- Start using Instagram to take PC internals photos?
- Still have no parts for our PCs lined up so far 😢
- There are a few parts shortages going on ATM, looks like we'll probably just do some partial upgrades and hopefully the situation will improve by next semester so we can run a follow-up event.
- If you have any ideas, please reply to the
Tech Talk - LaTeX
- [TEC]: I'm going to do it.
- Feels unusually qualified given I've been contracted in the past for LaTeX work.
- Maybe a FB event will be made decently in advance for once.
Moar Tech Talks?
- This is the end of the pre-scheduled line up. It would be good to work out more events over the next few weeks.
- Ask for expressions of interest, we've had that BHP guy reach out too.
- Everyone is now in the discord.
- Next up is figuring out when we can start meeting, that is progressing.
- Due today. Someone needs to go through permissions. [EGG] could sort discord door roles.
- Current Re-apps:
- Alfred [TBB]
- Cormac [BRD]
- Cameron Locke [DIE]
- John Hodge [TPG]
- David Adams [DBA]
- Winslade [MVP]
- Nick Bannon [NTU]
- Nicholas Clements [HET]
- Alistair Langton [ALI]
- Elizabeth Thatcher [LIZ]
Lo Chien-Yi [LCY]
Door members that do not need to reapply:
- Alex [EGG]
- Jason Tu [JTU]
- Alistair Parkinson [APA]
- Gary O'Donovan
- Djimon Jayasundera
- Timothy Chapman [TEC]
- James Arcus [MPT]
- Grace Fowler [BLU]
Liam Hammond [LMH]
[MPT] Motions: To remove everyone on door who hasn't re-applied.
- [EGG] seconds.
[APA] arrives 12.44
- [MPT]: The graphics card purchase fell through because the pictures on the ad were incorrect.
- [MPT] Motions: That we revoke the $600 budget for the time being.
- [HET] seconds.
- [MPT] will deposit the cash back into Westpac when they open again.
Meeting closes at 12.46