UCC Meeting on 19th March 2021

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-03-19

  • Last meeting minutes uploaded to the website.

Attendance

  • [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
  • [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
  • [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
  • [Liam] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
  • [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
  • [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member

Absent

  • [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member

Start Time

  • 12.16

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Tried activating my Westpac account earlier this week ... didn't quite work.
  • Got afterhours access form for clubroom signed.

Vice President's Report

  • Fixed [TEC] submitting his report under "Vice President" :-)
  • Confirmed EMPs and bookings for Artemis LAN and next week's general meeting.
  • Wrangled payments for the Manjedal booking.
  • Still need to write up explanation and proposals for the general meeting.
  • Advertised Artemis LAN on discord.
  • Still need to post about next week's tech talk.

Secretary's Report

  • Made an Instagram account ... that we haven't used.
  • Need to put Instagram password on uccpass.
  • Got to send my first UCC email and then had to approve said email so people could see it.
  • Brought in a bin to collect cans and recycle them.
  • I had way too much fun drilling holes into the lid.
  • No one's put rubbish in the bin (so far), I'm so proud.
  • I should have taken Zak's $10 bet that people would fill up the bin with rubbish that isn't meant to be in there.
  • Finished adding new members to the portal and updating 2021 member's nicknames and filed them alphabetically.
  • Need [MPT] to give me the paperwork he's completed.
  • Got access to create an EMP.
  • Was meant to meet with [PQZ] on Thursday, that didn't happen. I still don't have the secretary keys.
  • Need to send another email explaining what the general meeting is about.
  • Need to sort out my Westpac account.
  • UCC bad luck/curse strikes again. Or maybe it's just my bad luck?

Treasurer's Report

  • Returned money from club carnival float to the bank.
  • Calculated money earned from club carnival ($55).
  • Attempted to sort out safe money, will finish on Monday with help.
  • Gained access to club bank account thanks to [MPT].

Fresher Rep's Report

  • Planned Fresher VR Social with [BLU]
    • Have done a bit of informal advertising and will do more. Will assist with putting up posters when EMP is approved.
  • Added photo board to the UCC committee 2021 page. Still waiting for [HET] to submit his photo, unless he enjoys being a stickman. 웃
  • Can't figure out the javascript for Cerberus, ended up staring at flashing lights for 20 minutes. Thankfully, I'm not epileptic.
  • Distributed old snacks, gold and mint KitKats, Snickers and muesli bars from the machine room with [BLU], much to the delight of the Cameron Hall clubs, mainly Unigames.
  • Cleaned up a few of the cable spaghetti monsters around the room. There's still more. I am scared.

OCM Reports

[APA]

  • Created a poster for the Fresher VR Social.
  • Looked into sponsorships, concluded that we need to create a sponsorship pamphlet.
  • From discussions with members, I am getting# Committee Reports the sense that they reckon the room could do with a tidy up.
  • Had some null coke, I think the makers of the batch forgot that coke needs ingredients to taste normal.

Machine Technical Report

Servers

  • Terminal is broken, caps lock is stuck.
  • Terminal is now fixed, [MPT] turned it on and off again.

Network

Desktops

  • Computers need a repair, gpu is busted.
  • Cables need a tidy up.

Miscellaneous

  • Printer needs ink.
  • Need to order ink and then replace the ink when it starts to fade.
  • Projector needs fixing, won't turn on out of standby.
  • Look for secondhand projectors, lecture rooms might have old ones.
  • A temporary projector works, but the cord isn't long enough to plug into a working computer.
  • Never mind, [BRD] and [BLU] weren't looking hard enough.
  • Consider reverting to pre-covid pc layout.
  • Haven't had an issue of people wanting computers where none are available, so no.
  • Don't need to put keyboards and mouse back, just disinfect them.
  • Reshuffle desktops and potentially get new mac.

Action Items From Previous Meeting

  • [TEC] to list committee in the #readme channel in Discord.
  • Done.
  • [EGG] to do photo board and committee 2021 page.
  • In progress.

New equipment

  • Nothing reported.

Drinks and Snacks

  • Throw out expired food in the cupboard, basically 1/3 of it.
  • Throw out expired diet coke. Why are mcguppy, [LCY] and [APA] continuing to drink it, when it's clearly out of date? Do they have iron stomachs?
  • Wait for email to pick up guild keys, so we can throw out the expired food.

External Entities

Mail

  • Collected mail on Wednesday from the abnormally short SOC meeting. Apparently, they run for 1-2 hours?

Guild, SOC

  • SOC meeting Wednesday 17th.
    • [BLU], [EGG] and [TEC] attended.
  • UCC needs treasurer training.
  • Waiting for SOC treasurer to email [TEC] back.

Other affairs

  • Need to submit rest of committee's details to the ACNC.

Westpac

  • [MPT] Motions to: Appoint Timothy Chapman, James Arcus, Grace Fowler, and Liam Hammond
    as signatories on all club bank accounts; and remove all other signatories.
  • [HET] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

  • [MPT] Motions to: Appoint Timothy Chapman, James Arcus, Grace Fowler, and Liam Hammond
    as administrators on all club bank accounts; and remove all other
    administrators.

  • [HET] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

Events

ARTEMIS LAN

  • Advertise ARTEMIS LAN on discord.
  • Never mind, [MPT] has already advertised the event on discord.
  • [BLU] clearly didn't see the advertisement.

Fresher VR

  • Social event for Freshers to meet new people and see what UCC is about.

    • Will run on Friday the 9th of April from 3-7pm in the loft. Unofficially, will be running the VR for UCC members, 12-3pm.
    • Will play Beatsaber, Keep Talking and No One Explodes and Super-Hot VR (The game that freaks [BLU] out and will definitely not play), on the Vive.
    • Computers will run Jackbox and Skribbl.
    • Among Us and Cards Against Humanity will be playing on phones.
    • There will be pizza and garlic bread available, where [BLU] and [EGG] will just eat the garlic bread.
  • [BLU] Motions to: Budget $7 per person for pizza and garlic bread. Free for freshers, anybody whose first time this year and first-time last year. Non-freshers at cost pricing.

  • [MPT] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

Charity Vigil

  • Charity vigil: sub-committee regulations & budget, apparently UCC looks bad for not passing sub-committee regulations last meeting, whoops.
  • [HET] Motions to: Pass subcommittee regulations.
  • [TEC] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

  • [HET] Motions to: Budget $65 for prizes.

  • [Liam] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

Redacted

  • Joint [redacted] sub-committee.

    • Approve other clubs changing reps to 3 each, that get to kick back and relax for a while, but will be very busy when the date is near.
  • [TEC] Motions: That we increase each club to 3 reps each and appoint [MPT], [BLU] and [Liam] as our reps.

  • [HET] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

Other

  • Esports emailed us literally 2 hours before the committee meeting (With very limited information. Did they forget to inform us about very basic details, or are they keeping it close to their chest?), asking to hire 10 pc's for an event they're running in a couple of weeks. They would reimburse us. Don't know the exact date of the event. Valorant would need to be pre-installed.
  • We need more details, have a discussion with them.
  • They said they'd take care of any damages that may or may not happen.
  • Will have to see if the event will not inconvenience UCC members, when there'll be only 3 computers left in the clubroom and the esports event might clash with a UCC event. Have we ever had only 3 computers working?
  • Come back to later.

Door

  • Send out email outlining door reapplications. We talked about it last week, but nothing happened.
  • Action [BLU] to send out an email outlining the reapplication process.

Door Applications

  • Jason Tu
  • Djimon Jayasundera

  • Motion Djimon Jayasundera to become door.

  • [APA] seconds.
  • 6 in favour, 1 abstain.

  • Motion Jason Tu to become door.

  • [Liam] seconds.
  • 5 for, 2 abstain.

  • Action [MPT] to show people how to be door after the applications close. You need to be rectangular, never speak and not move. Does anyone qualify?

  • [BLU] Tried to look for how to be a door meme and started going down the rabbit hole of memes. Eventually found these.

  • That is [BLU] when trying to open the tool cupboard.

General Business

  • New committee members have access to passwords they need to know, ie. uccpass and winadmins.
  • Action [Wheel] to add members to uccpass and winadmins, which seems like it's a very complicated process.

  • Get an Adobe license, so UCC can offer more services and entice more members. Kind of sounds like a cult when you put it that way.

  • Deferred.
  • Action [Liam] to look into it and budget.

  • [EGG] Motions to: Budget $50 to buy general club supplies, microfiber cloths, female spray on deodorant, preferably non-scented and sunscreen.

  • [MPT] seconds.
  • Unanimous.

  • What sort of club does not have sunscreen? Apparently, the club where people don't spend time outdoors, who knew?

  • Fresher discord channel in UCC discord.

  • Just freshers and committee have access. Maybe wheel would have access too, or would the channel fill up with tech stuff that [BLU] and [EGG] don't understand?
  • Trial it.

Sponsorships

  • [APA] mentions making a sponsorship pamphlet with tiers.
  • Action [APA] to write up what the pamphlet would look like, finish in 2 weeks.
  • What would we get out of sponsors? Money, cheaper stuff for raffles, fame?
  • Action [MPT] to send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
  • Sponsorships or partnerships?
  • Looked at Sydney Computing Society, SYNCS's sponsors. Gold, silver, bronze and start up.
  • Are they competing in the Australian University Computer Club Olympics?
  • Also, doesn't SYNCS remind you of YMCA?

End Time

  • 13.09