UCC Meeting on 14th December 2020

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2020-12-14

Attendance

Attending

  • [MPT]
  • [TEC]
  • [HET]
  • [MVP]

Apologies

  • [PQZ]

Absent

  • [MLG]
  • [AAA]
  • [BRD]

Other Attending

  • [NTU]

Confirmation of minutes from 2020-11-30

  • Minutes confirmed

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • New Guild and Tenancy committee, began December
  • We were contacted about Uncharity Vigil by Unigames
  • I confirmed we were interested
  • We need to appoint reps and get back to other clubs
  • Cameron Hall-oween 2019 might actually be about to be resolved
  • Unigames have located the online ticket information
  • Have been a bit burned out, so avoing the internet a bit

Vice President's Report

  • Have done nothing
  • [MPT] needs to poke me harder to do stuff
  • Have been chatting with [MTL] about network stuff to make progress

Secretary's Report

  • Apologies

Treasurer's Report

  • Absent, presumably we still have money
  • (At the time of the meeting, we had the following amounts in our accounts:)
  • Cheque: $3,648.96
  • Cash Reserve: $5,635.23
  • Mastercard: $332.35

Fresher Rep's Report

  • Absent

OCM Reports

[HET]

  • Need to be told things to do

[MVP]

  • Done very little committee things
  • More camp things have eventuated
  • Will be available to show up a bit now it's the end of the year
  • Wednesday (and maybe Friday)

Machine Technical Reports

Servers

  • [NTU] is making developents with Ceph

Network

  • DNS tech continues with [MTL]

Desktops

  • Still topping desks

Misc.


New equipment

  • [NTU] purchased a replacement SSD for us (due to Molmol drive failure)
  • See general business for reimbursement

Drinks and Snacks

  • We are out of Solo and Mtn Dew, need replacing
  • Time for another run, don't buy (Null) Coke
  • Moratorium on vending machine (uncoated) chocolate

External Entities

Mail

  • Not checked

Guild/SOC

  • New Guild (should have gone in new equipment?)
  • Guild offices will be shutting down
  • Check mail beforehand

Tenancy Developments

  • New allocations, being redone
  • Meeting on Wednesday 16th, compulsory
  • We've been left off the email list for the meeting I think, need to hassle
    new Tenancy chair
  • ([MPT] Attended)

Other Affairs

Events

Cameron Hall-oween 2019

  • We found the Eventbrite details with Unigames
  • Finances imminent
  • Give a bit of money (that we never techincally had) to other clubs

Camp!!

  • Ern Halliday waived the self-catering fee! (Thanks!!)
  • Maths on snacks and distribution has come out
  • In the end, camp made ~$105 for each club
  • Distribution plan has been posted in subcom, yet to be confirmed
  • Camp was great
  • We can run a good joint camp
  • [MVP] will create a bunch of docs for it for future reference on the Wiki
  • The collaborative aspect of camp improved it (according to attendees)

O-Day

  • [NTU]: ODay Robots
  • Thinking of a semi-autonomous robot of our own to show off

  • [NTU]: Proposes matching up to $500 contributions for o-day demonstration projects

  • Move to defer budgeting for one week for consutation with other committee and discussion of ideas
  • Consensus to defer, people are supportive but want to talk about it more
  • ACTION: [committee] follow up with ideas and projects, pester potential volunteers

  • [BRD] arrives 21:04

Uncharity Vigil 2021

  • Need reps, ideas for events
  • [MVP] volunteers [HET] and [BRD]
  • They accept
  • [MPT]: We (mostly [MVP] and me) are here to help
  • We should document running tips, event ideas, etc.
  • ACTION: [MVP] write wiki docs

New events to run in 2021

  • [MPT]: Going to keep this as a regular line item for brainstorming new ideas
  • [MVP]: Artemis is a good idea to have in our back pocket to spin out
  • [HET]: Awaken Factorio server at a set time
  • [MVP]: Awaken game servers in general, make a deal about it
  • [MPT]: Make the games and things we have a bit more "interactive", drive
    engagement
  • Server launch party!

Action Items from 2020-11-30

[committee]

  • EZONE Grant incoming: decide on designs/things to purchase
  • [MPT]: Banner stands
  • Gather thoughts on Council
  • Gather thoughts for signs for Cameron Hall
  • There is some buy-in from other clubs
  • We can't do it by ourselves, going to need to go through Guild
  • Getting buy-in may take time, but I think it's worth doing once
    the year settles in
  • Finalise O-Day Activities and complete form
  • Likely to be vive set up
  • ACTION: [MPT] complete draft O-day form
  • Backup disks
  • Will pester [MLG] to approve my transfer so it can be bought with club
    card

[TEC]

  • Delegate things to [HET]
  • Hmmm...

[MLG]

  • Send financial report
  • Keep an eye out for EZONE grant remittance advice sent to [email protected]

[PQZ]

  • O-day pre events/sign up?
  • Follow up on recent emails with grants
  • Prepare for account renewal emails

[MVP]

  • Do a camp write-up
  • Something suitable for wiki / socials would be nice
  • Todo Wednesday or Friday
  • Book time off for O-Day

[AAA]

  • Handover car details for O-Day
  • Vrrrm
  • Or van details

General Business


Current Action Items

[committee]

  • Make the robot plans come to life
  • Follow up with ideas and projects, pester potential volunteers
  • EZONE Grant incoming: decide on designs/things to purchase
  • Gather thoughts on Council
  • Sound out ideas and buy-in for Cameron Hall signage
  • Follow up with ideas and projects for O-day, pester potential volunteers

[MPT]

  • Complete draft O-day form
  • Pester [MLG] to approve transfer so HDDs can be bought with club money
  • Make a committee meeting Whenisgood
  • Help [MVP] with camp docs

[TEC]

  • Delegate things to [HET]

[MLG]

  • Send financial report
  • Keep an eye out for EZONE grant remittance advice sent to [email protected]

[PQZ]

  • Follow up on recent emails with grants
  • Prepare for account renewal emails

[MVP]

  • Do a camp write-up (wiki docs)
  • Book time off for O-Day

[AAA]

  • Handover car details for O-Day

Meeting closed 21:32


Minutes uploaded by [PQZ] at 21:32 on 2020-12-28