UCC Meeting on 02nd November 2020

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2020-11-02

Attendance

Attending

  • [TEC]
  • [BRD]
  • [PQZ]
  • [MVP]
  • [HET]
  • [MLG] arrived 20:08

Apologies

  • [MPT]

Absent

  • [AAA]

Starting the meeting at 20:00


Confirmation of minutes from 2020-10-26

  • 2020-09-28
  • Other minutes

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Might be around next week

Vice President's Report

  • Exams
  • Busy
  • Won't be here next week

Secretary's Report

  • Am here to take minutes
  • Text report below omitted from speed meeting:
  • Haven't done much apart from study for my final test
  • That was Friday
  • Thinks committee should have an in-person committee thing at the end of Nov
  • Went to quiz night
  • BIG D Stands for BeInG Dead to grace
  • For not recognising the start of WAP was WAP
  • Quiz-relevant comment...
  • WAIT actually finally got an answer from eventhealthmanagement
  • $85 a person for UWA students to do first aid
  • Camp people probably onto that
  • Just forwarded that to [email protected] as the email only came today

Treasurer's Report

  • Not here
  • Appeared later
  • Grants are in and done! Happened on Thursday 2020-10-29

Fresher Rep's Report

  • Went to the club room
  • It's study break so there's no freshers

OCM Reports

[MVP]

  • Be nice go fast
  • I've done things

[HET]

  • Need to do more for the task I was given last meeting
  • (Discord organising)

Machine Technical Reports

  • Not aware of anything going on
  • Disk space alerts
  • Wheel is taking care of it confidently
  • Monthly remidner to poke someone about webcams

Servers

Network

Desktops

Misc.


New equipment

Drinks and Snacks

  • We need more drinks
  • [MVP] going for a drinks run on Wednesday

External Entities

Mail

  • Not checked

Guild/SOC

  • No developments

Other Affairs

  • Ezone VIP opening later in Nov

Events

UCCatchUp

  • Exams

Tech Talks

  • Not for a bit

Camp

  • Coming up soon

Quiz Nights

  • Have to organise a tech one after semester
  • Organise after exams

Action Items from 2020-10-28

Action items update

  • Agenda will be updated before next reminder
  • [HET] has one

[MVP]

  • Has sorted out sanisation plan for VR machiney

Joint study night

  • Happened
  • Need to sort out monies separate to this meeting
  • Moneys later sorted below

General Business

  • smol o7
  • Exam time is exam time

Pizza Money for Study Night

[MLG] arrived at 20:08

[MLG]

  • Not sure about spending UCC's money on a CS study thing
  • Was unsure in the beginning as the study night was just for CS students
  • Better to spend UCC money for events that UCC runs for UCC members
  • Wanted to understand how the budget went from $30 to $50
  • Thinks we should ask other clubs to split the costs
  • As the pizza was purchased by someone who wasn't a member of the club
  • Do not think it is appropriate to fund for non-UCC members for a meal

[BRD]

  • Wasn't sure what the budget was
  • Didn't know how much was being spent on pizza when it was ordered
  • Someone else had ordered the pizza
  • There were more people around than we had expected
  • Had told the person ordering that UCC had a budget for pizza

[TEC]

  • In future: would want to see costs split evenly between clubs/members
  • Mixed members, mixed costs
  • It would be nice in spirit of a collaborative event to cover the cost this time

[PQZ]

  • Thinks that if [BRD] had communicated that UCC had a budget that we shouldn't expect that the person who was told UCC had a budget for pizza has to pay
  • Miscommunication as our fault...
  • Doesn't want to see it happen again...
  • [BRD] is a fresher, ran the event
  • Happy that [BRD] helped out
  • Thinks we should cover this one
  • Definitely would want to see split costs for future events
  • Or people who want pizza can contribute $
  • People are usually happy to contribute a small amount for food

[MVP]

  • Thinks that we should be supporting these kind of events as much as possible
  • The extra money being put out as part of good will would be better
  • We should put this down to a learning experience
  • Would we have agreed to $50 in the first instance
  • How many clubs were involved:
  • CFC
  • CCFC
  • PCS
  • Four clubs
  • Thinks we should cover this one

Committee

  • Appreciate the fact [BRD] was there to run the event
  • Wants [BRD] around
  • Cover costs in good faith

  • [MVP]: Thinks that we should see this as a learning experience

  • [BRD]: would like it to be a regular thing

[TEC]: Motion that we reimburse the additional $20 over our original pizza budget for joint Tech Clubs study night

  • [MVP]: Seconds
  • 6-0-0
  • Passes unanimously

Final Comments on Pizza Over Budget!

  • This is done with good faith in mind
  • Would like to see other clubs contribute equally for future events
  • UCC is down to do it again
  • Woo, pizza
  • Happy we were able to contribute to an event

Action Items 2020-11-02

  • Good luck for exams
  • Next week: skipped meeting?
  • [PQZ] to hash crontown
  • This can be unhashed if requested

[Committee]

  • Monthly remidner to poke someone about webcams
  • Account locking

[MVP]

  • Will do a drinks run on Wednesday 2020-11-04

Meeting closed 20:27


Minutes uploaded by [PQZ] at 20:45 on 2020-11-02