UCC Meeting on 07th May 2020
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2020-05-07
Meeting opened at 19:41
Confirmation of minutes from 2020-04-30
- [MLG] confirms minutes
- Things are on track for the Charity (un)Vigil
- We have a set budget
- Promo time for it!
- Attended the SOC meeting
- It was... prerecorded though
- ...haven't yet received the link to watch it
- Attended Dylan's Tech Talk
- New attendees was good to see
- UWA Network Deadline is coming up tomorrow...
- Have sent them through a couple of questions
- Will be busy with the charity vigil this week
Vice President's Report
- [TEC] is still having dinner
- Forgot to write report before submitting minutes
- Busy time of Semester!
[AAA] appears 19:46
- Haven't had much money coming in apart from interest
- Need to get the Cisco system up and running
- $300 on Card
- $5,100 in Community Account
- $5,600 in Cash Reserve
- Deposits 1 and 2 still exist
Fresher Rep's Report
- Not here...Maybe he's in #welcome
- Got some free time
- Been doing subcommittee stuff!
- Will discuss a bit later on
- Might put in a report later...
Machine Technical Reports
- Want 2 (250 GB) SSDs for Cisco
- Would want an Enterprise grade SSD
- Possibly Samsung Evo...
- Probably to each be 250 GB
- Will need to invest in this...
Ones we are looking at are $99 each on MSY
[MPT]: Motion to put aside $250 to purchase a pair of SSDs for the Cisco Server.
Motion passed 7-0
[TEC] appears 19:55ish
- Upgrades continuing
- UWA's deadline is tomorrow
- Alumni office is aware of the current issue
- Suggested to contact Guild
- Action: [TEC] / [MPT] to send by early morning
- Still folding
- Checking stat page
- In the top 1.6% of teams~
- Should aim to upgrade one this year...
- Doing two might be less likely
- [BOB]: Motsugo is due for an upgrade too...
- It's 10 years old now...
- Cobra: That ain't recent either...
- [MPT] has 128 GB SSD that is QLC that he is not using
- Willing to give away for $30 or something
- This offer is likely gone by the time you read this...
Drinks and Snacks
- University Coke Club delivery service: Uber X Dispense
- Not checked
- No one has been to uni in weeks...
- Will need to contact them about tenancy
The SOC 'Meeting'
- Trouble accessing the SOC Meeting Online Feedback form, UniGames also had trouble with it
- Ended up being fixed the next day after they contacted Guild
- Communication with SOC feels a bit difficult at the moment
- Would like to know when the clubroom will be opened again
- Also would like to give feedback to tenancy
- Unclear how clubs can meet the standards for tenancy
- Communication between clubs and tenancy important to help clubs that strive to meet standards
- Club activities are difficult given the current COVID environment also
- Normal running of the club already difficult
- Help for clubs is important at this time, hoping
Action: [MPT] to get in touch with SOC
Student Initiation Centre
- Student Initiation Centre has gotten in touch with [email protected]
- Student Grants to be available from them, organisation
- Looking for clubs to be apart of their inaugural panel for the centre
- Looking at formalising UCC to be more attractive to industry
- A prospectus for UCC!
- Documents to present to industry like what UCC does
- Letters UCC has been sending to Alumni have carried a lot of information about UCC
Action: Committee to work on creating a prospectus for UCC. Target to create a draft by Semester 2.
- Thanks to  for his Dive into DNS talk on Tuesday
- 'Tech Bites' talk by Mark Tearle on VPNs (next Thursday May 14)
- DIY Computer building (Tuesday May 19)
- On UWA Events/Facebook
- Schedule to come out Saturday
- Subcommittee meeting yesterday
- Donations running through UCC Account
- Second subcommittee meeting Saturday
- We have several servers ready in UCC...but...
- Might break this week (fingers crossed this doesn't happen)
- We can buy a VPS in the cloud!
Motion [MPT]: Motion to $10 put aside for Server hosting on the night of the charity unvigil in case our servers break (due to UWA Network changes)
Passed unanimously (7-0)
- We don't have to talk about the Raffle prize budget again as...
- ...our $50 budget was accepted
- Some discussion still occurs
- [MPT] will be moving The Final Solution of his homemade HTML on Saturday
- Need 1-2 volunteers to help play a game around 2pm this Saturday
- Minecraft, screencheat, artemis
- [HET]: Let's test as many things as we can
- [MVP] volunteers
- [PQZ] was AFK all day
- Next two weeks: volunteer gamers needed for Charity unvigil
UWA Sports / eSports Event
- Action: [MPT] to reply to Tara
- Action: [PQZ] to make a channel for discussions in Discord
Action Items from 2020-04-30
- Charity Unvigil: Will you be there?
- Hit that "Attending" button on Facebook for our Tech Talks...
- Read wheel minutes if you haven't already, lots going on behind the scenes there
[PQZ] / [TEC]
- Check that administrator permission for Westpac has been added
- Westpac said (20/4) would take 5-10 business days to action
- Check own accounts work, etc.
- *Called Westpac as Admin online had not been added, should be by tomorrow 7/9)
- Do some of the tasks
- Also probably delegate some tasks
- Attend SOC meeting (1/5)
- Think about cataloging the clubroom
- Make a list of the discs that need replacing
- Need to look at Mailing List access
- Need to look over UCC Mailman archive
- Also need to look at removing
Current Action Items
- Look over Mailman sometimes
- Is already doing all of the things
- To email SOC
- Decide on a Tech Talk
- Access Westpac account
- Will probably end up getting those SSDs
Meeting closed at 21:08
Next meeting to be rescheduled to Tuesday 5:30PM due to the Charity event
Minutes uploaded by [PQZ] at 21:19 on 2020-05-07