UCC Meeting on 30th April 2020
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2020-04-30
Meeting opened 19:40
Confirmation of minutes from 2020-04-23
Minutes confirmed, they are up.
- Is still finishing dinner
- Said he would come back to report but ignored steak and did report instead
- Attended subcommittee meeting
- Reached out to Nick (PCS) and Felix (UniSFA) to work on a donation portal
- Has got a free VM going
- For one-off events: it is viable to run a VM
- Would be inexpensive to run
- Idea to set aside a small incidentals budget for related
- UWA managed to break the computer science site today
- UCC helped to rehost course content!
- Has missed some action items but wil get around to doing things today or tomorrow
Vice President's Report
- No assignments til next week - hooray!
- Draft email soon to be sent to UWA alumni
- End result: hoping to shift Uni IT's attitute to UCC overhaul
- Nothing UCC-related to report on
- COVID Guild still have the original six month plan
- Unsure if Guild will stick with that
- Added Wheel minutes from 18/04 online
- Emailed Guild about tenancy documents (as our lease is expired)
- Drafting email to send to [email protected] with Tech Talks & Account Locking
- Drafting a media release to UWA about our [email protected] efforts
- We're in the top 3% of teams!
- Have not done a lot this week
- We have money
- Passed midsems
- Already submitted an essay due tonight!
- Casually slaying at Uni
- "All great thinkers are depressed."
Fresher Rep's Report
- No [BRD]
- A wild birb Later Appears
- What would this report have been? We will never know
- There is a lot to say about the Charity UnVigil
- Will discuss later
- GO TEAM
- Is Living Through That University Life
- Asked for a bit of time off work to help with Charity UnVigil
- Should be available for most of Charity UnVigil to help out
Machine Technical Reports
- We have heaps of discs that are failing or have failed
- We should look at replacing them in the coming weeks
- Also should look at system discs
- WD Black 2TB HD 2 1/2"
- Has been going nine years strong
- Will need to budget for drives in the next few months
- Will be in the $100s
- Mooneye is dying...
- Motsugo isn't bad but it's old
Backup machine at Christchurch that may also need updating
[MPT] requests [TEC] to make list of discs that need upgrading
- ACTION: [TEC] to be actioned to do this even if he does not do this
- Cloudflare: impending network deadlines from UWA
- Waiting for us to come home
- If someone makes a star gate, [MLG] will give you $1000
- Nothing to report!
- Not checked
- [MPT] to check next time at UWA
- SOC meeting tomorrow at 5:30 PM (1/5)
- [MPT] to attend tomorrow
- Meeting is prerecorded though...
- If a meeting is prerecorded, is it really a meeting...
- No penalties for lack of attendance
- Not enough notice for UCC to raise questions in time for tomorrow
- Can still send questions through online
- No one seems to be able to access the relevant forms for the meeting...
- Everyone Loves Microsoft Forms
- Can now meet with up to 10 people (COVID-19 Restrictions)
- UWA still staying online, Guild spaces still not open
- Email to be sent tomorrow about our 3 upcoming talks
- Now on UWA Events and Facebook
- [MLG]: Would be nice to get a non-student speaker
- Might be hard to do this semester, as we only have a 2 week window open before exams start
- Could look at for Semester break or Semester 2?
- [HET]: Well...
- Working prototype for donation framework will need to happen within a week
- Artemis LAN test needed
- Is a good option as it a good cross section between the clubs
- Other vLAN test runs would also be a good idea
- Next subcommittee meeting next Wednesday
- Will be making a hour-by-hour schedule by end of next week
- Committee hoping to put forward $50
- This is since our revenue for 2020 is likely to be <1/3 of 2019
- Could add in a UCC shirt! Or other prizes
- We have a crate of shirts still...
- Or... we could sell people kettle cords
- EMPs have been added to Guild
- MLG Chants to Bring Back MS Paint Banners for Events
- Would like to have a banner out for the Thursday night of the event
- Had a break for Anzac Day
UWA Sports / eSports Event
- UWA Sports still want to run a thing
- Need volunteers...
- Recruit from Discord...
- RFLAN people know how to do it...
- Might be too difficult to hold within the next few weeks
- Given network changes, Tech Talks, and Charity Unvigil, and End of Semester
- Might defer event
- Could be good to run in June/July
This would give us time to sort out the network changes and expected breakages
Tomorrow morning deadline for named UWA services
- Would be good to arrange eSPORTS as a timely measure
- Half of UCC's services will be blocked in the next few weeks
- Idea to stream from the clubroom
- Can host servers there
- Lots of space
- Event could need at least four volunteers to run on the day
- Two people need to work together to tag team
[MPT]: Will need to work on this
- Sort of need to work on what UWA Sports is after, and what we could offer from our clubroom for eSports events generally
- Committee to follow up
Action Items from 2020-04-23
- Think about other things to run during Charity Unvigil
- Become familiar with network changes from UWA
- Deadlines approaching for network changes over the coming weeks
- Finalise schedule for Charity Unvigil by Friday
- EMPs submitted
- Ongoing discussion for hour-by-hour schedule of events
- Conquer assignments
- No assignments due for a bit - hooray!
- Update ucc.asn.au/talks
- Not done - ongoing
- Add events to guild website
- Events added to Facebook and UWA Events
- Adding online events to Guild Site is a lengthy process
- [MPT]: Motion to reimburse [BOB] $74.75 for 5 year domain renewal for ucc.asn.au
- [PQZ]: Seconded
- Passed unanimously
Current Action Items
- Charity Unvigil: Will you be there?
- Hit that "Attending" button on Facebook for our Tech Talks...
- Read wheel minutes if you haven't already, lots going on behind the scenes there
[PQZ] / [TEC]
- Check that administrator permission for Westpac has been added
- Westpac said (20/4) would take 5-10 business days to action
- Check own accounts work, etc
- Do some of the tasks
- Also probably delegate some tasks
- Attend SOC meeting (1/5)
- Think about cataloging the clubroom
- Make a list of the discs that need replacing
Meeting closed at 21:20
Minutes uploaded by [PQZ] at 22:01 on 2020-04-30