UCC Meeting on 17th November 2021

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2021-11-17

  • Last committee minutes uploaded to the website?

Attendance

  • [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
  • [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
  • [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
  • [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
  • [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
  • [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member

Apologies

Absent

Start Time

  • 13.46

Committee Reports

President's Report

Vice President's Report

Secretary's Report

  • Been busy and haven't been well.

Treasurer's Report

  • Finances Report
  • Term Deposit Account: $44,819.96
  • Main Westpac Account: $2,248.57
  • Credit Card Account: $255.64
  • Guild Account: $2,781.12

  • The Semester 2 Grant is complete, as of Monday! I'm not sure if it's ok to put the amount claimed in here, but it was more than last semester.

  • Nothing much else to say, have been spending most of my UCC time writing that grant.

Fresher Rep's Report

OCM Reports

Machine Technical Report

Servers

Network

Desktops

Miscellaneous

Action Items From Previous Meeting

[TEC]

  • Talk to Guild about server solutions.
  • Progressing (Ongoing).
  • Still nothing from Kelvin and Lauren.
  • Ongoing.
  • Poke James to poke people for action items.
  • Poking attempted, results unsatisfactory. Will repeat.
  • Ongoing.

[MPT]

  • Send [APA] prior work on sponsorship.
  • Not done.
  • Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
  • Not done.
  • Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
  • Ongoing.
  • Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
  • Ongoing.
  • Ask Kelvin and Lauren about what's going on.
  • Ongoing.
  • Announce about the hacking night on Tuesday.
  • Ongoing.
  • Follow up on the IMC club prospectus email.
  • Ongoing.

[APA]

  • Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
  • Ongoing.
  • Follow up on the IMC club prospectus email.
  • Ongoing.

[HET]

  • Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
  • Ongoing.
  • [BLU] will repeatedly ping [HET] and he will not respond.
  • We'll get free snacks if he doesn't.

[EGG]

  • Check which headphones are working
  • Ongoing.

[BLU]

  • Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
  • Ongoing.
  • Email tech list about tec talks.
  • Ongoing.

[LMH]

  • Look into where we can get a vertical banner.
  • Ongoing.

New equipment

Drinks and Snacks

External Entities

Mail

  • Not checked.

Guild/SOC

  • SOC meeting today?

Tenancy

Other Affairs

Events

Tech Talks

Cameron Hall-o-Ween

  • Will have a meeting on Thursday to finalise profits.

Camp

Tech Clubs Quiz Night

  • Will have a post event meeting.

General Business

  • [NTU]: Assistance requested: quote for machop 10GE, quote for machop vmstore-bigssd space.

  • [NTU]: UCC 47th Anniversary event?

  • Causal event at a bar.
  • Normally organised by someone not on committee.
  • Will see if someone from Oldguard will be interested in organising it.
  • ACTION: [MPT] to poke oldguard about anniversary event.

  • [MPT] joins 13.54.

  • Complaint email.

  • We have 2 accounts of what happened not including the email.
  • The public has seen the email, but there's private accounts. Need to tell the public both sides.
  • Allegedly the person who wrote the email has been banned from all guild property in the past.
  • Should tell the Guild about the incident and email ourselves.
  • [TEC] will write a reply to the email and send the draft to committee confidential.
  • Don't know if they're a student of UWA.
  • [TEC] Motions: Due to repeated violations of the clubroom rules, as reported by a committee member there at the time and corroborated by a door member, that the individual who identified themselves as "Mezz Di" be banned from the clubroom to the extent allowed for by SOC regulations and seek further advice from Guild.
    • [MPT] seconds.
    • Unanimous.
  • Someone who was there talk to security about the incident.
  • [APA] will mention this to Guild and say the report has been corroborated by 2 door members.

End Time

  • 14.18